THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016 KCPE AND KCSE CANDIDATES
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to inform all Sub County Education Officers, heads of primary and secondary schools, parents and other stakeholders that the registration of the 2016 KCPE and KCSE examination candidates will start on 1st January 2016 and end on 31st March 2016.
2.0 Schools are advised to log onto the KNEC website: www.knec.ac-portal.ac.ke to upload the candidates’ details during the registration period.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
3.0 Persons who intend to register as private candidates for the 2016 KCSE examination are advised to download the private candidates registration form from the KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke, fill it and submit it to the Sub County Education Officer for further guidance during the registration period.
4.0 Students intending to register as private candidates are asked to carefully read the instructions on the registration form before filling and submitting it to the Sub County Education Officer.
5.0 All persons intending to register as private and repeating candidates will be required to pay examination fees to KNEC KCPE or KCSE fees collection accounts in any of the banks listed below:
5.1 Co-operative bank
5.2 Kenya Commercial bank
5.3 Equity bank
5.4 National bank
6.0 Sub County Education Officers, heads of primary and secondary schools presenting candidates for 2016 KCPE and KCSE examinations are asked to download the guidelines for the registration of candidates from the KNEC website for detailed information.
7.0 All students, parents, headteachers and Sub County Education Officers are hereby requested to adhere to the deadlines prescribed by the Council for the registration of candidates for the 2016 KCPE and KCSE examinations.
KCSE Registration 2016
The KNEC KCSE Registration in Kenya is purely an online process (no paperwork involved). to register visit this website: www.knec-registration.ac.ke/kcse/
KNEC KCSE Registration 2016 Guide
KNEC KCSE Registration process has four simple steps;
- Step 1: Visit the KNEC website.
- Step 2: Download the candidates’ registration application
- Step 3: Fill the candidates details to create the registration file
- Step 4: Login into the KNEC website and:
- Upload the registration file
- Enter new candidate (fully online)
- Edit existing candidates
- Edit school details
- Generate and print nominal roll
- Generate and print school invoice
NB: This application is only available up to last day of the Registration period
KNEC KCSE Registration 2016: Accessing the System
- You will need to have your user name and password. The username is the school code. Kindly note that the code is now an 8-digit number. The county code has been appended to the earlier 6-digit school code.
- To obtain password, send an SMS to 22262 with the format KCSE#centrecode e.g KCSE#12345678 , you will then receive an 8-digit number which you shall use as the password to log in.
- Enter your user name and password
- Click Log In
- Upon successful login, you will be required to change your password as a security measure ensuring that only authorized persons can access your registration details. The form below will appear that will allow you to change your password.
NB: Appears only if accessing the system for the first time.
KNEC KCSE Registration 2016: Changing Password
- Type in your default password in the input labeled Current Password.
- Enter the new password (Can be any combination of letters or numbers) in the input labeled New Password.
- Confirm the new password (Please don’t copy-paste), by re-typing the password in the input labeled Confirm Password.
- Click Change Password to effect the changes
- You will get a successful confirmation as show by screen below6. Click Continue to proceed to the upload – registration of candidates. PHOTOGRAPHS
KNEC KCSE Registration 2016: Photographs
The following guidelines will help when processing the photographs:
- It must be a passport photograph, should be colored and must be taken using a digital camera.
- The photo should be taken on a cream or light grey background (the backgrounds should be plain not flowered)
- Photo size should be 45mm high x 35mm wide
- Free from shadows.
- The photo should be taken with eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or spectacles)
- The candidate should be facing forward, looking straight at the camera.
- The Candidate should be having a neutral expression with the mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
- Each candidate should be on his/her own, no group photos or objects like dummies or toys or even other people being visible on the photos.
- The photo should be in sharp focus and clear with a strong definition between the face and background.
- The photo must contain the full face, neck and shoulders of the candidate in frontal view
- The photo should be recent (not more than six months old)
The photos MUST be saved with the full index of the candidate and in JPG format i.e. the 11digits e.g. 01101001001.jpeg. NO PHOTO SHOULD BE SAVED WITH THE NAMES OF THE CANDIDATES.
All photos should be taken in school uniform
In addition to uploading the photos all schools should submit the saved photographs to KNEC offices through their D.E.O’s in CD’s (each photo should be matched with the index numbers not names, in JPG format).
KNEC KCSE Online Registration 2016: Uploading of photos
- Transfer candidates’ photo onto a computer
- Rename / save the photos with the candidate index number (no photo should be saved with the candidates’ names)
- Create a folder named your center code
- Copy all the candidates photos onto that folder
- Zip/compress the folder
a. Right click the folder with Photos
b. Select Send to
c. Click on Compressed (zipped) folder
Log on back to KNEC website (www.knec-registration.ac.ke/kcse/)
Click upload button candidate photos
Enter your username and password
From the TASKS drop down list, select Upload Candidates Photos and click Continue
Browse to the compressed photos folder, and click upload
If successfully uploaded, a message will show on the application.
KNEC KCSE Registration Confirmation
The KNEC KCSE registration confirmation for KCSE candidates in Kenya is purely an online process (no paperwork involved).
For KCSE Confirmation, the web page is www.knec-portal.ac.ke/confirmation/KCSEDefault.aspx