Kibabii Diploma Teachers’ Training College Description
The idea of starting Kibabii Diploma Teachers Training College was conceived in the 1950s by the Catholic Church but it did not materialize. In 1970’s the idea came up again with the local leadership of the then larger Bungoma District trying to toy with it. During this period, ground breaking was done but the college construction never took off.
It was not until 19th September, 2007 that the idea was transformed into reality when His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki performed a ground breaking ceremony on the then main campus. On the same day he inaugurated the college on Tuuti Campus temporarily awaiting construction on the Main Campus. Consequently, Mrs. Jessica L. Simiyu was posted to the college by the Teachers Service Commission as the Pioneer Principal.
The college admitted its first batch of 130 students in January 2008. The Tuuti Campus on which the college stands used to be under the Ministry of Culture and Social Services and is 2.01 hectares. It has now been transferred to Kibabii Diploma Teaches College through the effort of the Board of Management and other stakeholders.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Kibabii Diploma Teachers’ Training College is managed by a Board of Management appointed every three years by the Ministry of Education in accordance with the Education Act. The current Board of Management is chaired by a renowned educationist, Professor Patrick E. Kafu of Eldoret University.
College Name: Kibabii Diploma Teachers’ Training College
County: Bungoma County
Postal Address: P.O. Box 931, Bungoma 50200
Telephone: 020-2391391, 2160927
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/