Kisii University was founded in 1965 as a Primary Teachers’ Training College on land that was donated by the Gusii County Council. The Primary Teachers’ Training College was upgraded to the status of a Secondary Teacher’s College in 1983 offering ordinary Diploma programme. In 1994, Egerton University took over the college and was offering Post Graduate Diploma in Education up to 2001. In 1999, the first-degree programme (Business and Management) was started in the Faculty of Commerce.
Kisii University was established on 23rd August, 2007 as a Constituent college of Egerton University. The university is situated One kilometer from Kisii Town Centre along the Kisii – Kilgoris Road.
Since its inauguration, Kisii University has continued to expand. Currently, the University has a number of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and Other Professional Certification Courses.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Kisii Town Campus
Kisii Town Campus was established in 2002 with the aim of offering self sponsored programs in Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business& Management Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Diploma courses and several certificate courses.
Contacts Kisii University
Kisii University College
P.O. Box 408 – 40200