Ng’iya Girls High School Description
Ngiya Girls’ High School is a religious organisation sponsored mixed day school located in Mur Ngiya Sub location, in Siaya County.
Ng’iya Girls High School History
The institution started as a primary school on 6th October 1923 and later became a Teachers’ Training College (TTC) in 1953. The School then became a girls` secondary school in 1962 and admitted the first form one students who sat for their “O” level exams in 1965.
The old Ng’iya Girls` Intermediate was phased out from the hill to a next door ground offered by the education conscious Mur clan. At the end of 1968, the St John`s Teacher Training College which had been started by A. J Mayor in 1965 was phased out and its buildings given over to the secondary section.
The school enrolled the first A Level science class in 1971 and went on to have both Science and Arts A Level classes until the system was phased out in 1989.In 2010 the school was identified as one of the centres of Excellence and as a consequence became a beneficiary of the Economic Stimulus Programme under the Ministry of Finance.
With this package, the Board of Governors commissioned the construction of a multimillion shilling complex that would put the whole school administrative offices and learning rooms in one place once complete.
In 2012 the school was officially promoted to national school status and therefore would admit the first students under such arrangement in 2013.
School Motto: Build on the rock
Ng’iya Girls High School Location and Contacts
School Name: Ng’iya Girls High School
Physical Location: Mur Ngiya Sub location
Address: P.O. Box 3 Ngiya.
City/Town : Ngiya.
County: Siaya County
School Category: Public
School Code : M6090022
Ng’iya Girls High School Video