Pioneer International University
Pioneer International University was established in September 2006, as a College and received University accreditation by the Kenyan government in 2012. This was driven by the need to develop well researched and market-oriented course programmes that shape the future of both the Kenyan and global economy.
We are located at the heart of the Kenyan capital Nairobi, 1.5 km from the central business district.
Pioneer International University (PIU) boasts of a combination of carefully developed curricula mapped with the world of work needs. The School of Aerospace Science and Maritime studies is the premier Aviation Training School at University level in the region.
Similar efforts dedicated towards being the Technology Institute (PIU is a Microsoft IT Academy) in the region. To this end, PIU students engage in practical work through mandatory industrial attachment programmes, projects and exhibitions.
We foster and support a visible network of action-oriented learning experiences for students and alumni supported by cutting-edge research and innovation to meet the needs and ambitions of a diverse range of stakeholders.
We are a vibrant learning community linking the academic world and industry through the effective use of personnel, facilities and state-of-the-art technology; placing us in a class of our own dedicated to educating socially responsible citizens for active and dedicated lives as high calibre and competent leaders in their professions and their communities.
Pioneer International University Schools And Courses Offered
School Of Science And Ict
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Must have an aggregate grade of C+ (C PLUS) in K.C.S.E. (or equivalent examination) and a minimum grade of C in Mathematics and English as well as in Physics
- Must have TWO Principal passes in ‘A’ level/Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) in Physicsand Mathematics
- Must have a pass in Diploma in Management and Information Technology,or Diploma in Information Technology, or Diploma in Computer technology from a recognized Institution.
- Any other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate as equivalent to 1, 2, and 3 above.
MISSION OF BSIT PROGRAMME:
The Mission of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Programme at PIU (BSIT) is to rigorously train professionals with strong foundation in IT by the development of competency in specialized area of the field, then solve associated IT problems in a business setting. The principal means of accomplishing this mission is through a comprehensive interdisciplinary curriculum which begins with critical understanding of Mathematics for Technology, Computer Science/Computer Systems, Information Systems, Business, Humanities and Community Service. This provides the foundation for building towards state-of-the-art IT research and development. The programme has the following specific Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs) which provide a sound base in the principles of IT at appropriate levels training:
School Of Business And Management
Bachelor of Commerce
- Candidates wishing to study for the Bachelor of Commerce Degree must satisfy the minimum University and School Of Business And Management requirements for admission.
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Human resource
- Aviation Management
- Diploma in Maritime Transport and Logistics Management.
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Oil and Gas Management (DPGM)
- Diploma in Tourism Management
QUALIFICATIONS ENTRY FOR DIPLOMAS
The candidates wishing to enroll for the programme must ensure that they have the following qualifications
1) K.C.S.E -C plain
2) K.C.S.E – (C-) OR equivalent plus a certificate and diploma combination of passes .
a. ‘A’ LEVEL TWO – Subsidiary passes
b. ‘O’ LEVEL qualification minimum division III
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Petroleum and Gas Management
- Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management
- Certificate in Maritime Transport Logistics
Qualifications entry for Certificate
The candidates wishing to enroll for the programme must ensure that they have the following qualifications.
- KCSE D+ or its equivalent
- Ordinary O level division III Certificate or its equivalent plus evidence of relevant academic or professional training.
School Of Development And Strategic Studies
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general admission requirements into PIU, applicants must have a minimum of the following:
1. Must have an aggregate grade of C+ (C PLUS) in K.C.S.E. (or equivalent examination) and a minimum grade of C in English. Further to these, a C in either Geography, Business Studies or any language.
2. Must have TWO Principal (2P) passes in ‘A’ level/Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) in English and Mathematics and one subsidiary in either Geography, Business Studies or Economics.
3. K.C.S.E (mean C) plus Diploma from a recognized institution.
4. A degree or diploma from a CUE recognized university.
1. This Curriculum is a 4-year full-time programme intended for student undertaking Bachelor of Arts in International Relations.
2. A total of 84 courses are presented in this curriculum which include courses of humanities and sciences (i.e. Mathematics, Business, Computer Applications, Ethics, Law, and Biological and Environmental Sciences). These are from a pool of General Education courses of the University, which must be taken by BAIR students. Thirty (32) courses comprise the core curriculum courses designated BAIR and a further 26 courses are the electives in the major fields of specialization. A student under this curriculum must take 36 required courses, 8 specialization electives, a project, and Internship lasting for 10 weeks. A total of 56 courses are required for a student to graduate in a Bachelor Arts in International Relations. The credits earned in this case are 168.
3. The academic year will consist of two semesters with optional third semester (tri-semester)
4. Courses shall be offered in terms of units, one credit unit being equivalent to one hour of instructions per week in a semester of 14 or 15 weeks. In addition, one hour of lecture is equivalent to two hours of practical session, or an equivalent amount of other assigned study or practical experience or any other.
5. The Program shall be offered in one single stage whose exit point is the award of the Degree in International Relations.
6. To qualify for the award of the Degree of Bachelor Arts in International Relations, candidate shall have completed study for the Degree extending over a period of not less than 3½ years and not more than 6 academic years. In any case, the student shall be expected to attend 95% of all classes.
7. In ALL the stages of study admission for a specific course shall be subject to the student meeting the University’s requirements.
8. A student shall be required to take a minimum of all the University common courses designated BAIR in a given stage.
9. Each registered student will undertake an industrial attachment during the period following the end of year II.
10. Each attachment session will not be less than 8 weeks, being equivalent to ONE unit, and shall be subject to the general regulations for practical training and industrial attachment.
11. Each student shall be required to take a Project, in stage II, being an equivalent of TWO units.
Pioneer International University Courses Offered School of Education, Development and Strategic Studies
- Bachelors of Arts In International Relations (BA – IR )
- Diploma in County Governance
- Diploma in International Relations
Pioneer International University Courses Offered School of Business and Management
- Bachelor of Commerce – Property Management
- Bachelor of Commerce – Aviation and Airport Management (Pilot)
- Bachelor of Commerce – Insurance Management
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce – Marketing
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce – Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Commerce – Strategic Management
- Bachelor of Commerce – Entrepreneurship
Pioneer International University Courses Offered School of IT
- Diploma In Communication and Digital Media (Journalism)
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Distributed Systems
- Diploma In Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Security Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Networking
Pioneer International University Courses Offered School of Aviation and Maritime Studies
- Diploma in Maritime Transport and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Aviation (Pilot)
- Certificate in Aviation (Pilot)
Pioneer International University Contacts
Pioneer International University
Postal Address: P.O.BOX 33421-00600 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: 0727 532 044, 0700 372 352, 0700 372 354, 0700 372 355, 0736 330 333
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464