How to Get The Latest Procurement Jobs in Kenya
Like any other job search, to get Procurement Jobs in Kenya, you first need to figure out where you want to work through a personal assessment and a survey of the field in Kenya to allow you to identify the type of job that you want to pursue. Then you need to build the experiences and skills that will help you land the jobs you identify as meeting your interests.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya
As a purchasing or procurement manager in Kenya, you would be responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for your company at the most competitive rates. If you are good at negotiating, networking and dealing with figures, this job could be a good choice for you.
You will need a well organised approach to work, the ability to analyse data and have good business sense.
There are different ways into this job, including starting out as an assistant and working your way up, getting a relevant higher education qualification, or going through a management training scheme. Professional qualifications are also important in this job.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya- Work activities
What you bought would depend on your employer and the industry you worked in, for example:
- Raw materials and engineering components for a manufacturing company to use
- Wholesale stock for a retailer to sell (in this case you would usually be known as a buyer)
- Furniture, stationery and cleaning services for your offices.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Tasks
- Deciding what goods, services and equipment are needed
- Monitoring and forecasting stock levels
- Researching and identifying new products and suppliers
- Assessing tenders from potential suppliers
- Negotiating prices and agreeing contracts
- Making sure that suppliers deliver on time
- Processing payments and invoices
- Keeping up with market trends.
- In larger organisations you might run a purchasing department and lead a team of buyers and administrators. In smaller companies, you might combine purchasing responsibilities with other management duties.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Working hours and conditions
You would typically work standard office hours, Monday to Friday, perhaps with overtime to meet an occasional deadline. Part-time work may be available.
You would be mainly office-based, but may also travel to meet suppliers.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Entry requirements
There is no set route into this career.
One way to start is as an administrator or assistant in a company’s purchasing department. You could then work your way up as you gain experience and take professional qualifications.
For some jobs, employers may prefer you to have qualifications and technical knowledge from your particular industry. Common examples occur in fashion retail, engineering, quantity surveying and construction.
You may be able to join a company on its management training scheme. You will usually need a foundation degree, HND or degree in supply chain management, logistics or business studies to get on to a scheme. However, some employers will accept other subjects, as they will give you the training you need on the scheme.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Skills, interests and qualities
To be a purchasing manager you should have:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills
- Mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- An organised approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good business sense
- Leadership skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Opportunities
You could work as a purchasing manager in all kinds of industries – not only manufacturing, retail and wholesale, but also for service industries and public bodies like the Civil Service, and county governments.
Jobs may be advertised in the local and national press, trade publications for your particular industry, and specialist recruitment agencies.
Top Jobs Websites in Kenya to find Current Procurement Jobs in Kenya
These Kenyan Jobs websites have really simple to use and effective search tools so you don’t have to spend so much time searching for the latest procurement jobs in Kenya. We are going to make a brief comparison and try to explain why each site is considered among the best for finding current procurement jobs in Kenya.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Brighter Monday
Brighter Monday is among the leading boards for Kenyan jobs online that offers job listings, resume posting and great career advice to job searchers. Brighter Monday allows members to receive daily updates of the most recent jobs, post your CVs and get more information about the companies advertising for jobs.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan jobs Blogspot
This job site is likely the most popular among job seekers in Kenya. What’s unique about Kenyan jobs Blogspot is that they provide a very easy means of viewing job openings based on their categories. Plus their categories of jobs are very wide which is great for most job seekers.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan Career
Kenyan Career offers almost all services offered by other portals for jobs in Kenya. They post job openings, allow CV postings and send job updates and every service is free. They even allow job seekers to share what they’ve gone through to succeed in their careers on their category on Kenyan Experiences.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Best Jobs Kenya
Best Jobs Kenya provides an equal opportunity for both employers and job seekers to get the exposure they need. Job seekers can post their CVs, browse through the latest job openings and even search for jobs based on the company they want to work for. The job portal has minimal ads on the home page which is great because it minimizes distraction.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Career Point Kenya
Some of the things you are likely to enjoy about this Kenyan job site include their News and HR Advice segments. The site provides job openings as well as critical information to job seekers like interview answers and sample cover letters.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Job Rapido
Job Rapido is quite different from most job sites listed above because it posts all vacancies which are on career sites across the world. When you visit Job Rapido, you will be asked to select your country because they have listed jobs from all over the world. It certainly provides a more comprehensive job search.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Career Jet
Career Jet gathers listings from websites of top companies and posts them on their site. Career Jet lists job openings in different countries, but they have a comprehensive list of Kenyan job vacancies available in different parts of the country.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Recruitment Kenya
Recruitment Kenya will offer a number of fresh job openings and also interview tips which help job seekers to land their dream job. The site is clean and simple to use.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Job Web Kenya
Job Web Kenya is a nice job portal considering they post thousands of openings on a daily basis and they don’t offer only Kenyan jobs. Though you are likely to find similar jobs posted on other sites such as Brighter Monday. They are also present in South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
Procurement Jobs in Kenya – Kenya Moja
Kenya Moja is a popular site in Kenya that not only provides entertainment news, but job openings as well. They add new vacancies on a daily basis, so you are likely to get openings which are not found anywhere else online. Because of the traffic this site gets on a daily basis, more employers are opting to post their vacancies on Kenya Moja.