Best CV Format in Kenya
Sample CV Kenya: There been hundreds or even thousands of people competing for the same position, you need your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to stand out from the others. In most cases it is a recruiter’s first impression of you, so a well-written and well-coordinated document is your only chance to get your foot in the door. A curriculum vitae is a personal statement and should reflect your style, and, as such, will differ from any other person’s curriculum vitae.
A Curriculum Vitaé (CV) is a written overview of the person’s experience and qualifications that a potential employer seeks about a job-seeker and is supposed to be carried by tenured applicants looking for a job change.
The difference between a CV and a Résumé
A resume is a brief summary of your skills and experience over one or two pages, a CV is more detailed and can stretch well beyond two pages. The resume will be tailored to each position whereas the CV will stay put and any changes will be in the cover letter.
Sample CV Kenya – Sample Resume
A CV/resume should be clear, concise, complete, and up-to-date with current employment and educational information. Here is a sample CV (Curriculum Vitae).
Best CV Format in Kenya
A CV/résumé includes the following:
Name − Full name of the applicant without general salutations like Mr., Ms.
Address − the permanent address.
Summary − a brief description of what you have achieved in your profession.
Academic Qualification − your academic qualification
Additional Knowledge − Skills you have acquired beyond your profession.
Acquired Skills − Soft Skills
Software Tools − Software tools you use in your profession (MS Word, Excel)
Operating System Platforms − operating system you use (Windows, Mac)
Personal Skills − soft skills
Experience Breakdown − detailed explanation of your experience
Achievements & Interests − Hobbies. Achievements in professional life
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Declaration − stating all information provided about the applicant as true.
Sample CV and Sample CV Cover Letter Video
Sample CV in Kenya – Best CV Format in Kenya
Sample CV Kenya – CV Cover Letter
A CV is a document targeted toward a particular type of job, whereas a cover letter establishes personal contact with an employer and highlights your background in relation to a specific job position.
CV Cover letters bridge the gap between your resume, your experience, and your next job. They enable you to summarize your pertinent experiences or elaborate on a particular experience relevant to the job. They also allow you to request an interview.
A CV cover letter is always an advantage. A separate cover letter should be prepared for each position you are applying to. Also, never use form letters (even though subsequent letters may require similar wording); they are not professional, and won’t entice potential employers into reading further.
Too many job seekers spend a lot of time on their resumes and little or no time on writing appropriate letters. On average, a resume is reviewed for less than one minute. A well-written cover letter often dictates whether your resume is carefully reviewed or quickly scanned. You have a brief amount of space to tell prospective employers as much about you and your qualifications as possible. Do not waste this opportunity by sending a form letter that is carelessly written.
A CV cover letter should:
- Emphasize what makes you a strong candidate for the position and entice the potential employer to read on.
- Before you compose your letter, make a list of the top ten skills needed to be effective in this position. This is where the job announcement and your general knowledge of the industry will apply.
- Next, prioritize this list and narrow it to three or four skills that you can demonstrate through your background, education and experience.
- Print each letter individually on good quality paper; preferably coloured paper.
- Use a business correspondence format as shown in the examples that follow.
- Include your name, complete address and telephone number on the face of the letter.
- Date the letter.
- Put the addressee’s name and title, company name and complete address on the face of the letter exactly the way you put them on the envelope.
- Sign the letter.
CV Cover Letter Format and Content Description
Ms./Mr. Employer, Director
1000 Main Street
Anywhere, Kenya 00000
Dear Sir/Madam _________:
FIRST PARAGRAPH of the cv cover letter: State why you are writing, name the position or type of work for which you are applying, and mention how you heard of the position or the organization. Consider a bit of creativity in your opening paragraph to hook the reader. Is there information about the company or at least the industry you could mention-maybe an article you have read? Avoid starting every paragraph with the word “I.” End the first paragraph by clearly stating the skills you possess which best qualify you for the position.
SECOND PARAGRAPH of the cv cover letter: Explain why you are interested in working for this employer and specify your reasons for desiring this type of work. If you have had experience, be sure to point out your particular achievements or other qualifications in this field or type of work. Refer the reader to the attached resume without simply restating its content. This is your chance to expand upon your experience and qualifications.
THIRD PARAGRAPH of the cv cover letter: Mention attachments. Have an appropriate closing to pave the way for the interview by asking for an appointment, giving your phone number, or by offering some similar suggestion to facilitate an immediate and favorable reply. Also, indicate how you can be contacted. You want the employer to take some action.
An appropriate close has four spaces between sincerely and your typed name.
(Do not forget to sign your letter in the space above your typed name.)
Type your name here
City , State, ZIP
Telephone with area code
Enclosure (refers to your resume)