How To Get The Latest Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Like any other job search, to get Tourism Jobs in Kenya, you first need to figure out where you want to work through a personal assessment and a survey of the field in Kenya to allow you to identify the type of job that you want to pursue. Then you need to build the experiences and skills that will help you land the jobs you identify as meeting your interests.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Tourist guide
Tourist guides show visitors around places of interest, such as towns and cities, historic buildings, gardens, religious sites or museums and art galleries.
You will need excellent communication skills in this job. You will also need to have a good memory for facts, figures and events. If you’re good at public speaking, and are interested in history and the arts, this could be the ideal job for you.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – The work
As a tourist guide you could:
- Work in one place such as a castle or historic house
- Accompany groups on day tours to a number of interesting places or sites.
- You would escort groups around the site or area, and give information about its history, purpose, architecture or other points of interest.
Guided tours could include:
- Sightseeing tours
- Tours for special interest groups
- Themed walks.
- You could also work as a driver guide taking small groups of tourists on guided tours around places of interest in a car or minibus.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Working Hours
Tourist guiding is often seasonal work, so your working hours will vary. You are likely to work at weekends and sometimes in the evening.
A lot of tourist guides have more than one job so that they have work outside of the peak season. Some tourist guides may travel outside of Kenya to find work.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Income
A lot of tourist guides are self-employed and charge fees. Rates of pay vary depending on your location, and the type of guiding you are doing.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Skills, interests and qualities
To be a tourist guide you should have:
- An interest in working with people
- Excellent communication skills, and a clear voice to speak to groups
- The ability to present information in an interesting way
- A good memory for facts, figures and events
- A keen interest in the arts, history and other related subjects, such as architecture
- Good organisational skills for planning tours
- The ability to manage your time effectively
- An awareness of health and safety issues.
Top Jobs Websites in Kenya to find Current and Latest Tourism Jobs in Kenya
This Kenyan Jobs websites have really simple to use and effective search tools so you don’t have to spend so much time searching for the latest tourism jobs in Kenya. We are going to make a brief comparison and try to explain why each site is considered among the best for finding current tourism jobs in Kenya.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Brighter Monday
Brighter Monday is among the leading boards for Kenyan jobs online that offers job listings, resume posting and great career advice to job searchers. Brighter Monday allows members to receive daily updates of the most recent jobs, post your CVs and get more information about the companies advertising for jobs.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan jobs Blogspot
This job site is likely the most popular among job seekers in Kenya. What’s unique about Kenyan jobs Blogspot is that they provide a very easy means of viewing job openings based on their categories. Plus their categories of jobs are very wide which is great for most job seekers.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan Career
Kenyan Career offers almost all services offered by other portals for jobs in Kenya. They post job openings, allow CV postings and send job updates and every service is free. They even allow job seekers to share what they’ve gone through to succeed in their careers on their category on Kenyan Experiences.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Best Jobs Kenya
Best Jobs Kenya provides an equal opportunity for both employers and job seekers to get the exposure they need. Job seekers can post their CVs, browse through the latest job openings and even search for jobs based on the company they want to work for. The job portal has minimal ads on the home page which is great because it minimizes distraction.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Career Point Kenya
Some of the things you are likely to enjoy about this Kenyan job site include their News and HR Advice segments. The site provides job openings as well as critical information to job seekers like interview answers and sample cover letters.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Job Rapido
Job Rapido is quite different from most job sites listed above because it posts all vacancies which are on career sites across the world. When you visit Job Rapido, you will be asked to select your country because they have listed jobs from all over the world. It certainly provides a more comprehensive job search.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Career Jet
Career Jet gathers listings from websites of top companies and posts them on their site. Career Jet lists job openings in different countries, but they have a comprehensive list of Kenyan job vacancies available in different parts of the country.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Recruitment Kenya
Recruitment Kenya will offer a number of fresh job openings and also interview tips which help job seekers to land their dream job. The site is clean and simple to use.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Job Web Kenya
Job Web Kenya is a nice job portal considering they post thousands of openings on a daily basis and they don’t offer only Kenyan jobs. Though you are likely to find similar jobs posted on other sites such as Brighter Monday. They are also present in South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
Tourism Jobs in Kenya – Kenya Moja
Kenya Moja is a popular site in Kenya that not only provides entertainment news, but job openings as well. They add new vacancies on a daily basis, so you are likely to get openings which are not found anywhere else online. Because of the traffic this site gets on a daily basis, more employers are opting to post their vacancies on Kenya Moja.