Utumishi Academy Details
Utumishi Academy – Utumishi Boys Academy is a Boys only Kenyan National School founded in 1993 largely by the Kenya Police Force to provide quality high school education to young Kenyans from all over the country. As stated in the school motto, they are focused on achieving Excellence and Honour.
Utumishi Boys Academy History
The idea of starting a school for police officers’ children was conceived in the early 1960s, however it was until 1991 when the commissioner of police the late Philip Kilonzo began implementing the idea. On 30th may 1991, the first steering committee was formed. Its first chairman was the former Senior Deputy Commissioner of Police, Hon Elijah Sumbeiywo. On December 30th, 1992, the principal Mr. Willie M. Mugoh was posted to the school. He was soon followed by twelve teachers. On 26th Jan 1993, the school admitted its first 80 boys and girls.
They were accommodated in the primary school since the complex had not been completed. Students used wooden houses in the anti-stock theft unit Police line as the boys’ dormitory and the school dining hall. The school soon outgrew the facilities the primary section could offer and so in January 1995, the school was moved to the incomplete complex structures.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Utumishi Academy Results
Except for the period between April 1994 and October 1997, when construction had stalled, the school has steadily grown in terms of physical facilities and in the students’ academic facilities and in the students’ academic performances. After Mr. Mugoh proceeded on transfer, Mr. peters Orega took over as the new school head. Mr. Orega has since retired and the new school head is Mr. Samuel G. Maina
Utumishi Academy Contacts
School Name: Utumishi Boys Academy
School Code No: 27500008
Type of School: Boys Boarding
County: Nakuru County
Postal Address: P.O BOX 20 Gilgil
Utumishi Academy Website
Utumishi Academy Highlights
Girls and Boys Scouts:
Utumishi Academy Facilities
Utumishi Academy Video
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/