A Guide To African Heritage House
African Heritage House is a cultural building overlooking the Nairobi National Park. Its mud architecture combines a range of traditional styles from across Africa. The interiors are adorned exclusively with traditional African artefacts and artwork.
Designed by American Alan Donovan, co-founder of the African Heritage Pan African Galleries, the house is a combination of the mud architectures from across Africa. Visits may be arranged to the house through travel agencies, hotels, or contact us.
The house is available for tours, meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinners on the rooftop or by the refreshing pool), conferences/functions, as well as overnight stays in its luxurious rooms, filled with African art and furnishings with modern appointments.
African Heritage House- History
African Heritage House was built between the years 1989 and 1994 by Alan Donovan, co-founder of the African Heritage Pan African Galleries, who modeled it with inspiration drawn from the mud architecture of the Great Mosque of Djenné in Mali. The interior is a typical African presentation, with the doors being obtained from Lamu, an interior courtyard derived from Moroccan culture and fabric that showcases the detailed and artistic African eye among others. The house, which overlooks Nairobi National Park, is open for public tours, dining, conferences, functions and overnight stays.
What to see at African Heritage House
African Heritage House has a collection of artwork and artifacts from around Africa that are displayed inside making a tour of African Heritage House an intriguing and unexpected way to learn about the native peoples of Africa.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
There are original sculptures, tribal costumes, native arts and crafts, jewelry, beadwork, African fabric, musical instruments and hand-crafted furniture which may be purchased during your stay.
Prices & Availability
At African Heritage House we offer:
- Tours of House (includes coffee & tea)
- Meals (poolside, terrace, or rooftop)
- Overnight Stays (includes breakfast)
- Conference Facilities for up to 40 people
- Larger events, weddings, parties for up to 600 people (tents/toilets must be provided)
How to get to African Heritage House
A Map to African Heritage House
African Heritage House Contacts
Attraction Type: Culture
Category: Cultural Centre
City / Town: Nairobi
Road / Street: Off Mombasa Road
Telephone: +254 721 518389
Entrance Fee: Yes