Aisha Jumwa – Biography
Aisha Jumwa she is a Kenyan Politician who belongs to Orange Democratic Movement and she is the Women Representatives for Kilifi County.
After being arrested over hate speech remarks with other Member of Parliament she said she would pay for the renovation of Muthaiga police cell. “Though there was water and we could clean ourselves, no human being should be subjected to such treatment. The situation was inhumane and is not even fit for criminals. We were not allowed to change our clothes. Imagine a woman staying in the same clothes for four days. Visits by relatives and friends were denied. Most of our relatives came but they were not allowed to see us. Only my son and CORD co-principals were allowed to see us once. I will go back to Muthaiga and pay for the refurbishment of the floor of the cell where I spent three days, so that the next ‘guests’ can stay in a dignified place.”
Aisha Jumwa – Education
- Takanga Primary School
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology (JKUAT)
Current Political Positions
- Started 10th March 2013: Women’s representative for Kilifi County, Member of the National Assembly
- Started 13th February 2013 : Coalition Member of Coalition for Reforms & Democracy
- From 8th February 2013 : Member of Orange Democratic Movement
Previous Political Positions
- From 8th February 2013 – 4th March 2013 : Aspirant Women representative for Kilifi County
Aisha Jumwa – Committee Memberships
From 2013: Member of Departmental Committee on Environment & Natural Resources
Aisha Jumwa – Contacts
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 0712055922
Aisha Jumwa – News
Aisha Jumwa beats Mtengo in Malindi ODM polls
Kilifi woman representative Aisha Jumwa has won the highly contested Malindi ODM MP nominations.
Aisha Jumwa garnered 8,436 votes against the incumbent legislator Willy Mtengo’s 3,758 in polls to elect a candidate for the August polls.
Returning officer Samuel Ochieng declared Aisha Jumwa winner at the Barani secondary school tallying center in Malindi town.
Aspirants in Aisha Jumwa’s camp including MCAs and woman representative won in the results declared at around 3.30am.
Mtengo disputed the results citing irregularities in the process. The legislator said he will make a declaration of his next move.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
“If action is not taken, I will go as an independent candidate or join Jubilee candidate Phillip Charo.”
He said the party was not well prepared for the nominations adding that the process was not transparent.
“We want the results nullified and fresh nominations held as there were massive flaws,” Mtengo said.
But Aisha Jumwa, who was present during the announcement, thanked the voters, security team and poll officials for the smooth process.
“Malindi people have decided. The journey has just started.”
“I urge my opponent Mtengo to join hands with me so that we win on August 8,” Jumwa said.
Mtengo served as MP only for one year having won a by-election on March 8, 2015.
This was after the former MP Dan Kazungu was appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta as Mining Cabinet Secretary.
Chaos, disruptions, confusion and delays marred the ODM nominations in Malindi on Saturday.
Polling started late in what voters blamed on poor planning and lack of coordination by the elections board.
Source : The Star
Aisha Jumwa Photo
Aisha Jumwa Video