Ali Roba Biography
Ibrahim Ali Roba was born in Mandera. He is the governor for Mandera county and a member for United Republican Party and a coalition member for Jubilee Alliance.
Since the beginning of 2008 when Ali roba was appointed to the position of the Chief Pilot, he has contributed exceptionally to the overall compliance levels of DAC Aviation (EA) Ltd by playing instrumental roles in the achievement of an ‘A’ systems and operational audit rating by DAC Aviation International. DAC specializes in turnkey contracts in the Aviation industry specially in the area of Humanitarian Relief operations. Their key clients include WFP, EUROPEAN UNION, ICRC, TULLOW OIL, SHELL INTERNATIONAL and PETROL ENERGY INTERNATIONAL among others.
Ali roba also played a major role in re-structuring of flight operations department and enhancing the efficiency of operational control functions to enviable levels within the general aviation industry in Kenya.
Ali Roba Education Background
2009 – 2011: Graduate student at the University of Nairobi, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Strategic management
2004 – 2009: Undergraduate student at the University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Marketing/Marketing Management, General
He studied in Kenya Utalii College, Delta Qualiflight School of Aviation in Fort Worth Texas, Kenya School of Flying among other institutions.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Ali roba Political Positions
Governor of Mandera county
Coalition member of Jubilee Alliance
Member of United Republican Party
Ali Roba Career History
March 2013 – Presentl: Governor of Mandera County Government
January 2009 – December 2012: Director of Flight Operations, DAC Aviation International
- In charge of the core business of the company in over 12 different countries. Head of flight operations. The accountable manager of operational control functions which are the key functions of aviation companies.
January 2008 – December 2008: Chief Pilot, CMC Aviation
- In charge of flight operations
September 2007 – December 2007: Front office operations at The Norfolk Hotel
- Front office operations, night audit, cashier, reservations customer care.
November 2002 – December 2006: Pilot, Trident Enterprise and Services Limited.
- Flying the Buffalo Dehavilland DHC5, Dehavilland DHC8
December 1997 – January 2000: Operations Coordinator of Airkenya Express Ltd
- Crew coordination, ramp coordinations, line maintenance coordination, cabin crew coordination, customer relations, flight dispatch, flight operations planning.
Ali Roba Family
Ali roba is married with six children.
Ali Roba Video
Ali Roba – News
Roba reelected despite elders’ disapproval
Updated On: 15th August 2017
Mandera Governor Ali Roba has been reelected, defying the Garre Council of Elders’ call for new candidates.
Under power sharing negotiated democracy within the clans in Mandera county, the elders resolved that Roba, former Senator Billow Kerrow, all the five former MPs and 18 former MCAs should not seek reelection to pave way for rotational leadership amongst the 20 Garre subclans.
Roba turned a deaf ear and said the power to elect leaders rests with the people and not the elders.
Roba (Jubilee) garnered 72,671 votes against Hassan Noor Hassan’s (EFP) 62,496 votes.
“We cannot dismiss good leaders for cultural practice and if we do so, people are going to misuse the elective posts as they will be accumulating wealth for the five years they are in office, knowing they do not have a second chance,” he told the Star yesterday.
Former Deputy Governor Omar Mohammed ditched Roba’s camp and joined the Garre elders’ camp. In April Roba named Mohammed Arai from Mandera Township as his running mate.