Amani whose real name is Cecilia Wairimu was born on 28 November 1980 in Thika. She is a Kenyan pop, R&B singer and songwriter. She made history when her together with other African singers collaborated with R Kelly for the song ‘Hands across the world’.
Amani Education Background
Undergraduate student at the United States International University, degree in International Business Administration majoring in marketing.
Secondary school student of Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls High School
Primary school student of Moi Academy- Thika
Amani Music Journey
While in high school she was in music clubs and part of an accapella group ‘Sobriety’. In 1999, soon after graduating from high school, she signed to Ogopa Deejays and started producing her music.
Her 2002 collaboration with Nameless ‘Ninanoki’, was a major national hit.Her later singles include “Talk to You” (featuring Patonee and Big Pin), “Bad Boy” (featuring Nyashinski of Kleptomaniax), Usiwe Mbali (featuring AY), “Tamani”, “Missing My Baby” and “Tonight”.
She is currently the brand Ambassador for Airtel Kenya.Her debut album Tamani was released in 2006. She has toured in the United States, Norway, Germany, United Kingdom, Namibia, Tanzania, Uganda and performed in Dubai, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Liberia and Djibouti.
She signed with Sony Music under Rockstar 4000 (2010). She recently worked on a ground-breaking song with International R n B singer R. Kelly alongside top African stars like Ali Kiba, Navio, Fally Ipupa, 2face Idibia, JK, 4*4 and Movazeleine. The song titled “Hands Across the World” made it to the billboard 100 and had over 1 million downloads in Africa.
- Kiboko Changu
- Bon Bon
- Heart Attack
- Kizungu Zungu
- Bad Boy
- Without You
- Talk to You
- Usiwe Mbali
Amani Awards and Nomination
- Best Female Artist, chaguo la Teeniez Award in 2002
- Best Kenyan Female Artist, Pearl of Africa Music Awards, 2006
- Best East African Song “Missing My Baby” ,Tanzania Music Awards, 2008
- Best East African Song “Missing My Baby”,Channel O Music Video Awards, 2008
- Best R&B Video in Africa “Missing My Baby”,Channel O Music Video Awards, 2008
- Best Female Video “Tonight”, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2009
- Best R&B Video “Tonight”, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2009
- Video of the Year “Tonight”, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2009
- Best Collaboration “Kiboko Changu” featuring Radio and Weasel, MTV Africa Music Awards 2014
- Female Artiste of the year,2006 Kisima Music Awards.
- Collabo of the year “Bad Boy”, Chat Awards,2006
- Favourite Song, Chat Awards,2006
- Favourite Collabo, Chat Awards,2006
- Boomba Female, 2007 Kisima Music Awards
- Best Female Artist (Kenya), Pearl of Africa Music Awards (PAM Awards),2007
- Best East African Song “Bad Boy”,Tanzania Music Awards,2007
- Best Female, MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
- Pure and Natural Most Inspiring Young Woman 2010.
- Pearl of Africa Music Award-Best Female Artist 2010
Amani Facebook and Twitter
- KCSE Results 2017
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/