A Guide To Nairobi Animal Orphanage
About 10km south-west of Nairobi is the first national park to be established in East Africa on December 16, 1946. At the main entrance to the park is the Wildlife Conservation Education Centre – Animal Orphanage established in 1964 to educate the public on wildlife and nature conservation.
Education programmes at the centre make participants’ understand the relationship between human activity and the environment. The Nairobi Education Centre’s responsibilities are to educate the public about wildlife and environmental conservation, increase people’s understanding of wildlife and eco-systems and provide wildlife conservation and management information to local and foreign visitors in parks, reserves and other tourist destinations.
Its target groups are schools and college, adults, communities near the park, visitors to the Nairobi National Park and Animal Orphanage, church and conservation group and KWS staff. At the centre, wildlife lectures are given and videos shown. The centre’s facilities include a lecture hall equipped with audio-visual equipment that accommodate 100 visitors, a reference library, 62-seater buses for hire, an animal orphanage, a unit that produces education material and at audio visual centre for production of learning materials.
Attractions in Nairobi Animal Orphanage
- Bonding with orphaned animals
- Close-up,views of animals
- Animal adoption programme
How to get to Nairobi Animal Orphanage
- Roads: Only about 7km from the city centre,the animal orphanage is easily accessible on tarmac roads,off Langa’ta Road,Kenya Wildlife Service head office.
Nairobi Animal Orphanage fees
Adults KSH: 250
Child KSH: 150
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Adults KSH: 350
Child KSH: 200
Non – Resident
Child USD: 15
Nairobi Animal Orphanage contacts
P.O. Box 42076-00100 Nairobi
Phone: +254(20)6000800,020 2587411