Avril Nyambura Biography
Avril Nyambura whose real name is Judith Nyambura Mwangi, was born on 30th April 1986 in Nakuru, Kenya. She is a Kenyan singer, songwriter and actress.
Avril Nyambura Education Background
2006- 2009: Undergraduate student at the University of Nairobi, Degree in Art and Design, Graphic and Product design
2001 – 2005: Secondary school student at St. Joseph’s Girls Nsambya in Uganda
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Avril Nyambura Music Career
Avril Nyambura started music at an early age. In primary school she participated in a variety of talent competitions.
In 2005, Avril Nyambura took part in the Jaza Lorry initiative and met talent manager Emmanuel Banda of Ogopa Deejays Production.
Although Banda tried convincing her to venture into music, Avril remained hesitant at the time. During her second year at UoN, she changed her mind about music and recorded her first single (“Mama”) after signing a record deal with Ogopa DJ’s.
In 2007 she recorded her first single ‘mama’ after signing to ogopa but ‘mama’ was not released until 2009 when she was in 3rd year after working on it a couple of times as she continued to grow in terms of vocals. ‘mama’ got good airplay and it encouraged her to do more.
Avril began to gain prominence following her collaboration with A.Y on his 2010 single “Leo Remix”.
Avril Nyambura Songs
- Mtaani dot com (Colonel Mustapha featuring Avril)
- Leo Remix (AY featuring Avril)
- Chokoza (Marya featuring Avril)
- Kitu Kimoja
- Hakuna Yule
- Piga Kengele (Boomba Boyz featuring Avril)
- Hello Baby (Avril featuring Ommy Dimpoz)
- Ninaweza(Avril featuring Rabbit-Kaka Sungura)
- No Stress
- Huyo Dame
- Najivunia with Trapee
- Changes with LAM from Sudan
Avril Nyambura Acting Career
2011–20 12: Shuga: Love, Sex, Money
She featured in the second season of the television soap opera, Shuga. She played the character Miss B’Have, a vicenarian celebrity singer who is a firm believer in monogamous relationships.
She also played Belinda, a minor character.
2013–14:Noose of Gold (Season 5)
In February 2013, Laura Walubengo of Africa Magic reported that Avril joined the cast of M-Net’s Noose of Gold. She played the role of Corrine, a drug trafficker.
She has also featured in Mali that was aired on NTV
Sumu La Penzi (DSTV’s Africa Magic Swahili)
Avril Kenya Nomination and Award
- In 2010 Avril Nyambura was nominated for the Channel O Music Video Awards in the Category of Most Gifted East Video for her song “Mama”.
- In 2010 she was nominated for the Museke Online Africa Music Awards in the Category of Best African Collaboration for her “Leo Remix” with AY.
- In 2010 she won the Nzumari Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2011 she won the Chaguo La Teeniez Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2011 she won the Golden Mic Awards in the Category of Most Promising Artist
- In 2011 she won the Teen Choice Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2011 she was nominated for the Pearl of Africa Music Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2011 she was nominated for the Nzumari Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2012 she won the Kisima Music Awards in the Category of Best Boomba Artist
- In 2012 she won the Chaguo La Teeniez Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist
- In 2015 she won the Pulse Music Video Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist of the Year
Avril Nyambura Philanthropy
Member of Chagua Amani Peace Campaign and Kenya Land Alliance.
Appointed as one of East Africa’s ambassadors for Oriflame Sweden and AMREF’s Save an African Mother Campaign
Avril Nyambura Boyfriend
Avril Nyambura had a South African boyfriend called Tinashe Leslie Mugadza, famously called Muga. They later broke up after the death of Avril’s death and she says after her father’s death she felt she needed to distant herself from emotional relationships.
Avril Nyambura Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
Avril Nyambura Photos