Causes of corruption in Kenya include:
- Bad governance
- Political patronagelack of political will
- Breakdown/erosion/perversion of societal values and norms.
- Non enforcement of the law.
- Tribalism, faviouritism, nepotism and cronyism
- Weak or absence of management systems,
- Procedures and practices.
- Misuse of discretionary power vested I individuals or offices.
- Weak civil society and apathy.
- Lack of professional integrity
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Inefficient public sector
Effects of corruption
- Poor infrastructure e.g. impassable roads, poor telephone network.
- Increased cost of goods and services
- Increased poverty.
- Shoddy work and stalled projects
- Poor medial services (e.g. lack of medicine and doctors)
- Reduced investments in our economy.
- Rise in crime rate and insecurity
- Delay denial and sale of justice in our public land, property and utilities.
- Social unrest.
- Negative international image.
Benefits of fighting corruption
If we join hands infighting corruption:
Our economy will grow and:
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best News, Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/
- Increase public revenue.
- Create more jobs.
- Fund our social services.
- Improve our infrastructure.
- Provide better health care.
- Alleviate poverty.
- Improve our living standards.
- Make us stand proud among nations.
- We will have a caring society.
- Our resources will be used to develop the country.
- The crime rate will decline and we shall have improved security.
- We shall produce quality products at affordable prices.
- There will be increased investor confidence in our country
- There will be peace and stability in our country.