Causes of corruption in Kenya include:
- Bad governance
- Political patronagelack of political will
- Breakdown/erosion/perversion of societal values and norms.
- Non enforcement of the law.
- Tribalism, faviouritism, nepotism and cronyism
- Weak or absence of management systems,
- Procedures and practices.
- Misuse of discretionary power vested I individuals or offices.
- Weak civil society and apathy.
- Lack of professional integrity
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Inefficient public sector
Effects of corruption
- Poor infrastructure e.g. impassable roads, poor telephone network.
- Increased cost of goods and services
- Increased poverty.
- Shoddy work and stalled projects
- Poor medial services (e.g. lack of medicine and doctors)
- Reduced investments in our economy.
- Rise in crime rate and insecurity
- Delay denial and sale of justice in our public land, property and utilities.
- Social unrest.
- Negative international image.
Benefits of fighting corruption
If we join hands infighting corruption:
Our economy will grow and:
- Increase public revenue.
- Create more jobs.
- Fund our social services.
- Improve our infrastructure.
- Provide better health care.
- Alleviate poverty.
- Improve our living standards.
- Make us stand proud among nations.
- We will have a caring society.
- Our resources will be used to develop the country.
- The crime rate will decline and we shall have improved security.
- We shall produce quality products at affordable prices.
- There will be increased investor confidence in our country
- There will be peace and stability in our country.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/