Rt. Rev. Peter Kihara Kariuki was born on 6th February 1954 at Thunguri, Othaya, in Nyeri Archdiocese. He started his elementary education at Kigumo Primary School and later did his secondary education at Ruruguti and Othaya Boys Secondary Schools.
In 1976, he joined the Consolata Missionaries. In 1976-1978 he studied Philosophy at the Consolata Seminary and from August 1978 to August 1979, he did his novitiate at Kitito Parish after which he made his first Profession on 16th July 1979. Later between 1979-1983, he studied Theology at St Thomas Aquinas Seminary, Nairobi. On 6th August 1982, he made his perpetual profession as a Consolata Missionary, was ordained Deacon on 5th December 1982 and later ordained priest on 17th December 1983.
After the ordination he was posted to Colombia in 1984. In 1988-1989, he did a formation course at the Pontifical Salesian University in Rome, Italy. He was then called back to Kenya in 1989 and was assigned Vice-Rector of the Consolata Novitiate at Sagana, first as Assistant Novice Master and later as Novice Master until August 1998. After which he underwent a sabbatical course at the Aquinas Institute of Theology in St Louis, Missouri, USA.
On 3rd June 1999, he was appointed Bishop of Murang’a by His Holiness Pope John II. On 25th November 2006, His Holiness Benedict XVI has transferred Rt. Rev. Peter Kihara Kariuki from the Diocese of Murang’a to the Diocese Bishop of Marsabit.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle