Bishop Maurice Muhatia Makumba Biography
Bishop Maurice Muhatia Makumba was born in 1968 in Lirhanda village,Kakamega county. He is the youngest Kenyan catholic bishop and also the first to be picked from an education institution to head a diocese. He was appointed on 19th December 2009 and was ordained and installed on 27th February 2010.
Bishop Maurice Muhatia Makumba Education Background
Graduate student at Pontifical Holy Cross University, masters in philosophy.
Undergraduate student at Urbaniana Pontifican University, Rome, bachelors degree
Student at St Mary’s Major Seminary
Bishop Maurice Muhatia Makumba Career
He was ordained priest on October 15, 1994.
Without the advantage of the vast experience enjoyed by his two predecessors, how will the new bishop address the problems of the magnitude of tribal clashes? “Tribal clashes, whether politically instigated or not, are an evil thing and my focus will be to preach and reconcile the diverse communities in my diocese,” he said. Nakuru, he added, plays an important role in the country’s cohesion because of its diversity as all the 42 Kenyan tribes are represented there.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
“Nakuru residents are a mirror to the rest of the country and these are the people who should first and foremost lead the way by living peacefully.” He said there was a need for civic education for people to be aware that politicians were only using them when they incite them to fight their neighbours.
Bishop Maurice Muhatia Makumba Contacts
Address:Moi Road, P.O Box 938, Nakuru.
Tel: 254-051- 211634/5/6 Fax: 254-051-41137