A Guide To Bombolulu Workshops and Cultural Centre
Bombolulu Workshops and Cultural Centre fine exhibition of art and craft, this community project comprises of workshops and a cultural centre with different traditional homesteads of Kenyas diverse tribes. Famous for its trademark Bombolulu recycled materials design pieces, the centre produces thousands of different items of jewellery, wood, leather and soft furnishings.
Workshops and Cultural Centre is located in Mombasa, Kenya, and works with more than 100 people with different abilities, men and women artisans to help them overcome their physical limitations and empower them economically and socially to become fully integrated members of their communities, also providing social benefits to the workers e.g. Clinic, Nursery School, Social Hall, Sports, HIV Prevention, etc. Bombolulu started in 1969 and the Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya took over in 1987.
This nonprofit organization produces crafts of a very high standard and gives vocational training to people with special abilities. We have 4 sheltered workshops, producing a range of jewelry, textile, wood and leather products. An on-staff designer creates new products, including the trademark Bombolulu recycled materials design pieces.
Every year, thousands of different designs are produced for items of jewelry, wood, leather and soft furnishings. The workshops have a production capacity of nearly 250,000 separate items per annum. Many years of successful exporting have established the workshops as a reliable supplier and the project is a member of the WFTO (World Fair Trade Organization) and it is the trading partner of PEOPLink/OpenEntry (USA). Bombolulu includes housing units for artisans, artisan workshops and a Cultural Centre which comprises of different traditional homesteads of the diverse tribes of Kenya.
Bombolulu Workshops and Cultural Centre Contacts
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Attraction Type: Culture
Category: Community Tourism, Cultural Centre
City / Town: Mombasa
Road / Street: Off Nyali Road
Telephone: +254 733 811603 254 723 560933 254 20 239 9716
Entrance Fee: Yes