A Guide To Crescent Island Game Sanctuary
Crescent Island Game Sanctuary is one of the most beautiful sanctuaries in Kenya and Naivashas best kept secret. It is private, secure and patrolled by guides who can accompany anyone who wishes for a guided tour. The shores host abundant wildlife including wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra and gazelle and hippos.
The Park Where You Walk With The Animals
There is just one “Crescent Island Game Park”. Located on Lake Naivasha, Kenya in the Great Rift Valley. It is simply one of the most beautiful parks in Kenya, often called Naivasha’s best kept secret. It is private, secure and patrolled by Guides who can accompany anyone who wishes a for guided walk. Surrounded by water, it is actually a peninsular and is accessible by boat from East or West as well as by road, taking under two hours on tarmac from Nairobi.
The shores host abundant birdlife especially huge numbers of pelicans, cormorants and fish-eagles with their haunting cry. There are more animals per acre than any other Kenyan Park, hence many film companies have been to the Island to film the herds of Wildebeeste, Waterbuck, Zebra and Gazelle. We are not fenced to allow the wildlife on the mainland to come in as they lose their habitat to development and the ever increasing population. Hippo graze all over us at night then sleep under the acacia or rest in the water by day. The giraffe who were born on the Island return to give birth; sometimes you see three generations at a time. Hyena come to hunt at night but are not resident on the island, the many python who do live here can be seen occasionally with a kill. Groups of Buffalo come and go but they are always monitored.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
From the top of the hill there is a 360 degree view across the Lake from Longonot to Hell’s Gate to the Mau Escarpement to Eburu and onto the Aberdares. Walking along the ridge in the golden hour before sunset whilst watching the animals grazing with the water shimmering beyond, is what Africa is all about.
Crescent Island Game Sanctuary Contacts
Attraction Type: Wildlife
Category: Animal Sanctuary, Birding Site
Region: South Rift
City / Town: Naivasha
Road / Street: Moi South Lake Road
Telephone: 254 50 202 1030
254 733 575535
Entrance Fee: Yes