Dan ‘chizi’ Aceda-Biography
Dan ‘chizi’ Aceda (born Dan Okoth Ochieng in 1984 in Kisumu District in Western Kenya), is a Kenyan entrepreneur, architect, musician, and actor from Nairobi. He has recently been recognised by a Kenyan online magazine as having one of the top 10 most iconic male voices in his home country.
Aceda, who is a trained architect, holds two degrees from the University of Nairobi: a Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies attained in 2008 and a Bachelors Degree in Architecture attained in 2010. He attended Strathmore School and Kilimani Primary School as well as Shadrack Kimalel Primary School.
Aceda has recorded and released two studio albums. SULUWE, his debut album was produced in 2005 by David Blackman Muthami and published by Kijiji Records. Chizi’s sophomore album Benganology was launched at a colorful concert at Nairobi’s Museum Hill Area in July 2010. Benganology has quickly risen to be among the most popular Kenyan releases of 2010. The album was produced by Kenya’s finest produces including: Robert ‘RK’ Kimanzi, Chris Adwar, Aaron Rimbui and David ‘Blackman’Muthami and features works by Sanaipei Tande, Eric Wainaina and Wyre among others.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Dan Aceda is a Kenyan Singer Songwriter known for his penchant for sweet melody and unique storytelling.He has produced three studio albums and has played at concerts all over the world including the US and Europe, East Africa, Malawi and more. He is the Founder and CEO of The African Bonfire, a multi media production company based in Nairobi Kenya. He is also a current member of the prestigious Global Health Corps Fellowship Class of 2013. As of June 2014 Dan is also a member of the UN Global Accelerator network of entrepreneurs.
2012 Kalasha Awards BEST SOUND FOR FILM for the sound track and music on Simiyu Samurai
2008 Kisima Awards Songwriter of The Year for the song Shamba la Wanyama
2008 Kisima Awards Best Fusion Male Artiste
2012 Kalasha Awards
2012 Nominee Kisima Awards – Best Fusion Artiste
2011 Nominee Kisima Awards – Best Fusion Artiste
2008 Groove Awards – Artiste of The Year