David Mathenge – Nameless Biography and Profile
David Mathenge who is popularly known as Nmaeless was born in August 1976. He is a Kenyan pop artist signed to the Ogopa DJ’s record label. He is also an architect.
David Mathenge Music Career
He came to fame in 1999 through a star search contest on Kenya’s urban music station 98.4 Capital FM, which he won with his original song “Megarider.” The song was about a penniless young man who is trying to seduce a woman but only has enough money for a Kenya bus ticket and not for the life she desires. He later recorded a track with a producer called Tedd Josiah and it went on to top the charts for weeks in a row. This started out his musical career.
David Mathenge -The name ‘Nameless’
He says that when he first auditioned it was through the phone and he had stepped out of the bank where he was working (still in campus) and since he did not want to risk his job since his boss might hear he decided to give his name ‘as nameless’
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
David Mathenge – Nameless Songs
He rose to fame in 1999 through a star-search contest on Kenya’s urban music station 98.4 Capital FM, which he won with his original song “Megarider.” The song was about a penniless young man who is trying to seduce a woman but only has enough money for Kenya Bus tickets, and not the rich lifestyle she desires.
He later recorded the track with producer Tedd Josiah and it went on to be hot on the charts for weeks. This was the turning point in his musical career. He went on to sign with the Ogopa DJ’s label in 2001 and collaborated with artists such as the late E-Sir on “Boomba Train,” and Amani on the regional hit “Ninanoki” in 2002 which broke Kenyan chart records by remaining 110 days at number one.
- Coming Home
- African Beauty
- Nasinzia Nikikuwaza
- Moto wa Kuotea Mbali
David Mathenge – Nameless Awards and Nomination
- 2004 Kisima Music Awards – Best Boomba Pop Artist
- 2006 Kisima Music Awards – Best Male Artist, Best Afro Fusion & Best Music Video (Sinzia).
- 2006 Pearl of Africa Music Awards (PAM Awards) – Best Male (Kenya)
- 2007 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Single (Sinzia)
- 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best Male Video (“Sinzia”)
- 2008 Pearl of Africa Music Awards – Best Kenyan Male Artist
- 2008 Kisima Music Awards – Male Artist of the Year & Best Video (“Salari”)
- 2009 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Single (“Salari”)
- 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – Artist of The Year, Best Male & Listener’s Choice
- 2004 Kora Awards – Best African Group (Nameless & Mr. Lenny)
- 2005 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Album (“On Fire”)
- 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards 2006 – Best African Act
- 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best East African video (“Juju” featuring Mr. Lenny)
- 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Performer
David Mathenge – Nameless Family, Wife and Children
In 2004, Mathenge married Ogopa DJ’s label mate Wahu Kagwe. They have two children.
David Mathenge – Nameless Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
David Mathenge – Nameless Photos