Eldama Ravine town Guide
Eldama Ravine town is a town in Baringo County in the Rift Valley Province of Kenya. It is capital of the Koibatek District. The town is located 50 kilometres north west of Nakuru. Local terrain is hilly.
Former Kenyan president Daniel arap Moi has lived in Eldama Ravine. Former world-class runners Benard Barmasai, Solomon Birir, Matthew Birir, Jonah Birir, Richard Yatich – aka Mbarak Shami and Eunice Jepkorir are from the town. It is one of the district which has large of indigenous forest. In terms of education, Emining Boys has been leading in the secondary level producing university students.
History of Eldama Ravine Town
The Eldama Ravine was first known as Shimoni due to the presence of a narrow ravine through which the Eldama Ravine River flows. Eldama, the non-English part of the name, is derived from the Maasai Tribe word ‘eldama’, which means narrow gorge.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The town was established by Nubians who worked as soldiers and transporters for the British IBEA in 1887. It became the headquarters of the Naivasha province under the Uganda Protectorate.
Eldama Ravine Kenya- Videos