Facts about the Economy of Kenya.
GDP (2010 est.): $32 billion.
Annual growth rate (2010): 5.4%.
Gross national income per capita (2008, Atlas Method): $780.
Natural resources: Wildlife, soda ash, land.
Agriculture: Products–tea, coffee, sugarcane, horticultural products, corn, wheat, rice, sisal, pineapples, pyrethrum, dairy products, meat and meat products, hides, skins. Arable land–17%.
Industry: Types–petroleum products, grain and sugar milling, cement, beer, soft drinks, textiles, vehicle assembly, paper and light manufacturing.
Structure of economy (% of GDP): Services–59.5%; industry and commerce–16.7%; agriculture–23.8%.
Work force: Formal sector wage earners–1.95 million (public sector 30%; private sector 70%). Informal sector workers–6.4 million.
Trade (FY 2010): Exports–$4.96 billion: tea, horticultural products, coffee, petroleum products, cement, pyrethrum, soda ash, sisal, hides and skins, fluorspar.
Major export markets–Uganda, United Kingdom, Tanzania, Netherlands, United States, Pakistan. Imports–$11.6 billion: machinery, vehicles, crude petroleum, iron and steel, resins and plastic materials, refined petroleum products, pharmaceuticals, paper and paper products, fertilizers, wheat. Major suppliers–United Arab Emirates, China, India, South Africa, Japan, United States.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin