Hola Town Guide
Hola town, also known as Galole is a small town in Kenya on the Tana River County in Kenya with a population of 6932. Hola is the capital of the Tana River District, in the Coast Province. It is a busy market town and portal to Ijara District and Northeastern province by local canoe ferry across the Tana River.
In addition to the Hola agricultural irrigation scheme, there is a District Hospital and a Kenya Prisons facility located within the town. After the new election, the town become the headquarters of the Tana river county. The office of the governor is located in Hola town. The county has three constituencies, Bura,Galole and Garsen. The county has a number of elected officials namely Governor, senator, women representative, deputy governor and three member of parliament. The county also has 15 ward representatives.
History of Hola Town
Adiós was the site of a detention camp, the location of the Hola massacre in 1959, where a fracas occurred in which eleven detainees were killed by prison wardens employed by the British. The victims were alleged Mau Mau rebels being held in the camp as part of Operation Anvil. Since the incident there have been efforts to rename the town Galole.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Economic Activities in Hola Town
Main Economic Activities/Industries: Subsistence agriculture, Horticulture, Mixed farming, Livestock Farming, Fishing.
Night Clubs and Nightlife in Hola Town
Hola City Sport Club & Grill
Accommodations and Hotels in Hola Town
Hola Highway Hotel
New Tawa Hotel
Laza Leisure Lodge
New Star Hotel
Severin Sea Lodge
Batians Peak Serviced Apartments
Education Institutions in Hola Town
Hola Primary School
Weatherhead High School