Homa Bay County Assembly targets at setting legislations in all sectors that that are geared towards transforming Homa Bay County into an economic power house in the region.
The constitution provides that; There shall be a county government for each county, which shall consist of a COUNTY ASSEMBLY and a COUNTY EXECUTIVE.
The County Assembly constitutes the legislative organ of government in the County Government.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Roles of The Homa Bay County Assembly
The County Assembly is established by the Constitution under Article 176 with a mandate to have legislative power of the County. The role of the County Assembly is to:-
- Vet and approve nominees for appointment to County Public Offices as may be provided for in The County Government Act or any other law;
- County legislation in accordance with Art. 185 of the Constitution;
- Approve the budget and expenditure of the County Government in accordance with Article 207 of the Constitution, and the legislation contemplated in Article 220(2) of the Constitution, guided by Articles 201 and 203 of the Constitution;
- Approve the borrowing by the County Government in accordance with Article 212 of the Constitution;
- Approve the County Development Planning;
- Perform any other role as may be set out under the Constitution or legislation.
Homa Bay County Assembly Administration
- COUNTY SPEAKER SAMUEL OCHILO
- COUNTY DEPUTY SPEAKER
- MAJORITY LEADER
- MINORITY LEADER
- MAJORITY WHIP
- MINORITY WHIP
- COUNTY ASSEMBLY CLERK FRED NYAMOKERI