John Kiyonga Munyes Biography
John Munyes was born in 1966, he is a Kenyan politician. He is the Cabinet secretary for Petroleum and Mining. He is the former senator for Turkana country.
He attended Lokitaung Primary School for his primary education and he later attended Lodwar High School for his ‘O Level’ and ‘A Level’. He later attended St Francis University for his undergraduate studies.
- Coordinator for Oxfam
- Programme Manager at Oxfam Emergencies
- Field Officer at Unesco
Current Political Position
- 2017: Aspirant Gubernatorial candidate, Turkana County.
- Started 11th March 2013 – 2017: Senator for Turkana.
- 20th February 2013 – Upto date: Member of Ford Kenya
- 13th February 2013 – Upto date: Coalition Member for Reforms & Democracy
Previous Political Positions
- 2008 – 4th March 2013: Member of Parliament for Turkana North
- 2008 – 4th March 2013: Minister of Labour
- January 2013 – 19th February 2013: Member of Ford Kenya
- 2007 – January 2013: Member of Parliament for Turkana North as a member of Party of National Unity
- 2008: Minister of Water & Irrigation.
- 2006 – 2007: Minister for Special Programmes.
- 2003 – 2007: Member of Parliament for Turkana North
- 2003 – 2006: Assistant Minister of Water & Irrigation of Cabinet
Gun Shot by Body Guard
On September 8th 2014, John Munyes was accidentally shot by his bodyguard on his left hip after a gun was corked and hit a metal object and accidentally bounced back lodging into the senator’s left hip. The accident happened at Loarengak in Turkana North when the senator stopped to talk to Mr Nakuleu.
John Munyes Family
- He is married to Maryanne Munyes.
John Munyes Contacts
Parliament Buildings Parliament Rd.
P.O Box 41842 – 00100
John Munyes Video