Joseph Kinyua Biography and Profile
Joseph Kinyua is the the Chief Of Staff and Head of Civil Service. He is the boss of all staff at State House, as well as heading all civil servants in the country, including principal secretaries. He is in charge of running the government on behalf of the President.
Joseph Kinyua Education Background
Undergraduate student at the University Of Nairobi, MA in Economics
Undergraduate student at the University Of Nairobi, BA in Economics
Joseph Kinyua Job History
September 2013- To date: Chief Of Staff and Head of Civil Service
April 2014: Permanent Secretary to the Treasury at Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Ltd
Until April 2009: He served as Treasury of Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Ltd.
- He has held various capacities in the Treasury and Central Bank. He was also involved in several projects with the International Monetary Fund both within Kenya and abroad.
Since July 2004: Permanent Secretary to the Treasury, Ministry of Finance
Since 2004: Secretary of Kenya Commercial Bank Limited
July 2003 – July 2004: Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture, Kenya.
January 2003- July 2003: Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Planning and National Development.
September 2002- January 2003: Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance
October 2000- September 2002: Chief Economist of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
August 1999- October 2000: Director of Financial Markets at Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
June 1995- July 1999: Financial Secretary to the Treasury
1990- 1995: Worked at Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
1985- 1990: Economist on a fixed term appointment with the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
1980- 1985: He joined the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and worked his way through the ranks from an Economist to Director of Research.
1978: Assistant Lecturer at Nairobi University
Mr. Kinyua served as Chairman of the Board of East African Development Bank until December 28, 2008
Joseph Kinyua Membership
Director at The Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
Since April 2004: Director of The Kenya Power
Director of National Bank of Kenya Ltd.
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Director of Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited.
Director of State Corporations
Director of Kenya Railways Corporation.
February 28, 2008-November 5, 2013: Non Executive Director of Safaricom Limited
Since April 2004:Director of Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Ltd.
Director of Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd.
Director of Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited.
Director of National Oil Corporation of Kenya Ltd.
Until June 30, 2013: Director of Kenya Electricity Generating Company
Director for Central Bank of Kenya.
Director of Mumias Sugar Company Limited
Director of East African Portland Cement Company Limited.
Until September 26, 2013: Non-Executive Director of Kenya Airways Ltd.
since July 1, 2004: Director of HF Group Limited (alternative name Housing Finance Company of Kenya Ltd.)
October 22, 2004- June 19, 2013: Director of The Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited since
Member of the Board of Governors of African Economic Research Consortium (AERC).
Joseph Kinyua Contacts
P.O. Box 30007-00 1 OOGPO, Nairobi Tel: 252299
Joseph Kinyua Photo