Joy Doreen Biira Biography
Joy Doreen Biira was born on 5th September 1986 in Uganda. She is a news anchor at KTN kenya, voice over artist, inspirational and motivational speaker , writer and part time editorial print model.
Joy Doreen Biira Education Background
2005 – 2011: Undergraduate student at Makerere University, Bachelors, Information Technology
2005 – 2009: Undergraduate student at Makerere University, Bachelor of Science (BSc), Information Technology
Ended 2004: Student at Immaculate Heart high School, UACE
Ended 2002: Student at Kyebambe Girls School, UCE.
Joy Doreen Biira Career
She was trained as a researcher for in-depth stories & general journalistic skills by experts in media consultancy giving her competitive advantage with the professionally trained journalists. She started as an unpaid volunteer/ intern but and now as a full-time paid employee.
In early 2008, Joy Doreen Biira was employed as a week day Morning Show co-host at NBS Television with Shawn Kimuli, broadcasting at the network’s headquarters in the capital Kampala, Uganda.
On September 1, 2008, Joy was called by 91.3 Capital FM, the leading English radio station in Uganda, to audition for a radio show & with just the first round of the trials; she was instantly taken on as Radio co-host of the weekend breakfast, The Dream Breakfast show on which she first aired on September 6, 2008. She also solely presents 91.3 Capital FM’s Sunday Drive a music variety show that’s informative with interviews, news & core general arts entertainment. Both shows on 91.3 Capital FM today have grown to be the most listened to shows during the weekend with lots of fans glued to them.
Joy Doreen Biira Job History
January 2012 – Present:Anchor / Reporter / Showhost,KTN Kenya
July 2008 – December 2011: Broadcaster (Anchor/ Showhost),NBS Television Ltd, Capital Radio Ltd Kampala, Uganda
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
January 2008 – December 2008: Hospitality & Relations, LAVIT
Joy Doreen Biira Publications
April 11, 2013: Kenya Cargo Industry, KTN Kenya’s Business News
Joy Doreen Biira Projects
Starting January 2013: Business Focus
- A Business magazine that showcases the best business practices across the East African region and beyond. We give young entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn, network and explore where others see impossibilities. It airs every Thursday 7:30pm EAT on KTN Kenya
Starting May 2013: Africa Speaks
- All matters Africa are discussed on here; Economic, Social, Political, Culture etc
Starting February 2013: Business News
- Complete analysis and updates of the day’s business news across Kenya and beyond.
Joy Doreen Biira Photo
Joy Doreen Biira