Judges Vetting Board in Kenya: The board’s mandate is to vet the suitability of all the judges and magistrates who were in ofﬁce when the new Constitution was promulgated to continue to serve in the Judiciary in accordance with the values and principles set out in Article 10 and 159 of the Constitution.
The Board members are:
- Sharad Sadashiv Rao (chairperson)
- Mrs Roseline Odhiambo Odede (vice-chairperson)
- Justus Maithya Munyithya
- Prof. Ngotho wa Kariuki
- Meuledi Mabruki lseme
- Abdirashid Abdullahi.
- The Chief Justice of Ghana, Mrs Georgina Wood
- Sir Stephen Sedley, former Lord Justice of Appeal of the United Kingdom
- Loiuse Otis, (Rtd) Judge of Quebec Court of Appeal
The 54 judges who were serving in the Court of Appeal and the High Court as at August 27. 2010, are to be vetted by the Board, which shall consider:
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- Whether the judge or magistrate meets the constitutional criteria for appointment as a judge or as a magistrate.
- The past work record of the judge or magistrate, including prior judicial pronouncements, their competence and diligence.
- Any pending or concluded criminal cases before a court of law against a judge or magistrate.
- Any recommendations for prosecution of the judge or magistrate by the Attorney General or the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
- Pending complaints or other relevant information received from any person or body.
By the end of July, 2011, the Board had declared the following unﬁt to continue holding ofﬁce:
Supreme Court Judge
- Mohamed Ibrahim, President of the Appellate Court Justice
- Riaga Omollo
Appeal Court Judges
- Samuel Bosire,
- Emmanuel O‘Kubasu and
- Roselyn Nambuye
- Judge Jeanne Gacheche.
The Board cleared
- Judge Philip Tunoi
and Court of Appeal Judges
- Philip Waki,
- Onyango Otieno
- Erastus Githinji,
- Wanjiru Karanja and
- Jessie Lessit and
High Court President Judge
- Mbogholi Msagha
as ﬁt to serve in the Judiciary.