A Guide To Karen Golf Club
Karen Golf Club which is famous for its beautiful course and lawn terrace, is a nice display of Grevillea Robusta trees planted in lines along the fairway. Many of its trees are indigenous to Kenya and to date the course has become Kenya’s top eighteen-hole major championship courses.
The Club is a member of the Kenya Golf Union (K.G.U) and the Kenya Ladies Golf Union (K.L.G.U) and supports golf activities through its affiliations with these unions.
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the colonization of Africa, there is one lasting legacy of former times that is more apparent in Kenya than in other such countries—a golf infrastructure. Kenya’s geography and climate suit the growing of tea and coffee, and many of the golf clubs were founded in the early years of the 20th century by estate owners and farmers. Golf courses were not confined to any specific region. They were to be found all over the country.
First came the Nairobi Golf Club, started as a nine-hole course in 1906. It was given the Royal prefix by King George V and is now an expansive 18-hole course. Up-country courses soon followed, with Nyeri leading the way in 1910.The Indian Ocean coast was also a promising golfing region, and the Mombasa Golf Club dates back to 1911. Not far behind was the primitive Kisii course (1914)in the Western Rift Valley/Lake Victoria region, although the pick of the club names in that part is surely the enticing Nandi Bears Club, formed by tea farmers in 1928. Happily, the golf tourism industry in Kenya flourishes and visitors are treated to some enchanting golf in wonderful locations.
The Karen Country Club golf section is the biggest in the country with over 700 male golfers and 150 lady golfers. In addition they have about 200 golfer learners who are still going through the process of getting a handicap.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Karen Golf Club Facilities
- 18 hole championship golf course, driving range and practice facilities
- Casual & Formal dining outlets
- Meeting & conference rooms
- Unique event grounds – Wetlands, The Mulwa Dam
- Wellness spa
- Squash courts
- Tennis courts
- Swimming pool
- State of the art fitness center
- Bowling green
Activities to do at Karen Golf Club
- Memorable Corporate and Charity golf outings experiences.
- Well-equipped conference facilities for half day or full day bookings.
- Magnificent weddings as only Karen Country Club can offer.
- Outdoor and indoor evening parties
- Exciting anniversary and birthday parties for all years and ages.
- Fun pool parties for any age.
- Baptisms & First Communions for proud parents and family members.
- Cocktail receptions for all celebratory or corporate functions.
- Holiday parties including family and corporate gatherings.
- Outside catering services
H ow to get to Karen Golf Club
By road: Karen Golf Club is located in Karen , about 16 kilometres from Nairobi, approx 28 min drive.