Ken wa Maria Biography
Ken wa Maria whose real name is Maestro Kennedy Wambua Ngunze is a Kenyan musician who is dubbed as the King of Benga in Ukambani. He is popularly known for his hit song ‘Fundamentals’.
Ken wa Maria came to Nairobi as a hawker and he even worked in the Jua Cali industry. He later
Ken WA Maria Education Background
Graduate student at St. Paul’s University
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Undergraduate student at the University of Nairobi, Bachelors degree in Business Statistics
Ken WA Maria Awards
A king is well known by the awards he has and this culminates to his fundamentals and one Ken Wa Maria had all of you to thank when he scooped an trophy from the MSCK award gala.
Ken Wa Maria Songs
- SOMA KYAMANYANYA
- BUSINESS YA USUNGYA
- MWANZA MBUYU YAKWA
- POLE MWIITU A MUTULE
- KAVEE KINDU AKWA
- CHAPA ILALE
- KYATHI KYUSO MWINGI
- AKAMBA TUSYAE VYU
- IKOMBA NINAUTAVISYE
- UNIVERSITY MISETO MISETO
- MUTHEU POLE
- MUSAIVUKO TOSHA
- CYNTHIA KANA CYNTHIA
- SAFARI YA RIFT VALLEY
- IKOMBA NDUEKE
- II MAIKWO MATHIKONI
- SAIDA AMUA SASA
- PENDO LA LAZIMA
- LAZIMA NIMUOE PAMELA JELIMO
- MHESHIMIWA WAENDIE NAKU? (and many orthers)
10 Things You Did Not Know About Ken wa Maria
- He is married with two children.
- He came to Nairobi as a hawker and once worked in the Jua Cali industry.
- He later started selling clothes at Gikomba market.
- He is a graduate from University of Nairobi with a Bachelors of Business Statistics degree.
- He is currently undertaking his Master’s degree.
- He gets depressed if he misses lectures.
- He has created at least 37 bands from his Kamba tribe.
- He has been a professional artist for the past 15 years.
- His band is made up of 12 members.
- He drives a Toyota Land Cruiser and a Mercedes Benz.
Ken wa Maria Wealth
Just when many thought Ken wa Maria had gone down musically, the artiste has released his fortieth album, Domitila, proving he still he still a force to reckon with in the Kamba music world.
Terming it a storm in a teacup. “As a professional musician, I take time to come up with the right product as opposed to doing things in a huff and end up with something substandard. For me music is a long journey that needs one to take time in order to come up with quality product that is bound to last.”
It appears there is no stopping Ken who has coined himself a name as the reigning king of Kamba music as a result of his well-packaged unique style of entertainment.
Ken wa Maria Latest Songs
Done in the Kamba language the 10-track album comprises singles like University Miseto Miseto, Patrol Kitui, Operation Kuvingua Nyumba and Ikomba Ndueke among others.
“I’m happy that my latest recordings have quickly become favourites among the locals and beyond — breaking the records set by most of my previous recordings. I believe the arrangement and style used has given them the upper edge,” he says. Discipline and planning
The musician, who seems to bear ambition as his middle name, reveals that his success emanates from his disciplined nature and proper planning.
“It’s unfortunate that most musicians lack these qualities, hence their short-lived careers,” he says.
Like many artistes out there, Ken has often found himself engulfed in controversy. Entertainment journalists have accused him of being difficult when it comes to matters of availing himself for interviews. But he refutes the claims terming it a ploy to finish him through bad press.
“Those who know me too well will tell you I am a simple, down-to-earth man who believes in hard work and nothing more. Nevertheless, there are a section of people who will never say anything good about you whenever things are working well for you. And like the saying goes, you cannot please everyone no matter how hard you try.”
As for occasionally refusing to talk to press, he says it is because most local media houses concentrate on writing untrue negative stories about him instead of writing about his struggles and accomplishments.
And as for rival singer Kativui Mwene who was once part of his band but left to form his own, Ken says he has no hard feelings towards him.
Ken Wambua wa Maria – Prove to the world
“There comes a time when one has to stand on his own and prove to the world that he is man enough as opposed to being behind people all the time,” he says.
From his humble beginnings as a casual labourer in factories in Athi River town to a second hand clothes dealer in Gikomba Market, Nairobi, Ken has scaled the heights to emerge as one of Kenya’s few millionaire artistes.
Indeed there is speculation he could be Kenya’s richest musician, which is no easy achievement in a country where music is synonymous with poverty.
On top of this, he has cut a niche for himself, attracting thousands of fans across the country whenever he performs. And even though some of his controversial lyrics have often put him on a warpath with fellow artistes and conservative traditional leaders.
While his political ambitions have earned him friend and foe, Ken still remains at the forefront as far as Kamba music goes.
Ken wa Maria Family, Wife and Children
Ken wa Maria is married to a woman named Angela and blessed with two children, he has invested in numerous properties from his hard-earned work.
Ken wa Maria Latest Albums
Ken has 40 albums available on cassette and CD. He has recorded more than 18 VCDs. Some of his popular albums include Domitila, Miss Musembi, Syindu Sya Mutongoi, Neenziwe Nuu, Wikye Kituli, Kavalaku na Nzou, Kayoriyori, Kisangula, Mikorogo and Mkasa Sinai.