Kenya Travel Advisory and Warnings are issued when long-term, protracted conditions that make a country dangerous or unstable leads a foreign country to recommend its citizens to avoid or consider the risk of travel to that country. A Travel Warning is also issued when the country’s ability to assist its citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate or because of a drawdown of its staff.
Kenya Travel Advisory – US Government
The US government keeps renewing its travel warnings for Kenya based on a threat of terrorism, border skirmishes, violent crime in the cities and political unrest during election time. I’m sure the Kenya tourist office is quite sick of it since the unrest tends to have little affect on areas most visited by tourists. Regardless, it’s a little off-putting if you’ve just booked a trip or safari. I’ve received several e-mails from worried parents whose children plan on volunteering there as well. But basically, it is fine to travel to Kenya as long as you stay tuned to local election news, avoid the border with Somalia, and take heed of some basic safety precautions below.
Kenya Travel Advisory – UK
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to within 60km of the Kenya-Somali border; to Kiwayu and coastal areas north of Pate Island; to Garissa District; to the Eastleigh area of Nairobi; and to low income areas of Nairobi, including all township or slum areas.
Kenya Travel Advisory – Canada
Canada has lifted its travel advisory against Kenya. Canadian Trade Commissioner, Africa and Middle East, Ms Melanie Borgia, said her Government took the action because calm had returned in the country and to allow entry of investors and tourists.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle