Kirigo Ngarau Biography
Kirigo Ngarua grew up in Jerusalem, Harambee and South B areas of Nairobi county. She is the first born in family of two children and her brother is a lawyer. She is a news anchor at Citizen Television presenting power breakfast alongside Willis Raburu.
In however much Kirigo Ngarua says she did not foresee herself being a celebrated anchor, she recollects seeing herself being in the media. Kirigo Ngarua got her inspiration when she was in standard six when she watched CNN’s Christiana Amanpour reporting and saw how she was unbiased
Kirigo Ngarua dream however metamorphosed into the fields of: branding, advertising and public relations, but maintains it remained in the media industry.
When Kirigo Ngarua got to the media Mike Okinyi thought she had what it takes to be a female sports anchor. She did the screen test, but their boss, Farida Karoney thought differently. She gave her the opportunity to be a news anchor.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Kirigo Ngarua Education Background
Currently undertaking Master’s degree at the University of Nairobi.
For her higher education, she enrolled for a Journalism course (Radio Production) at Tangaza College which is a constituent college of Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
Kirigo Ngarua Work Experience
Communication Specialist at Dashers Inc.
- Develop Communication strategies for individuals and companies.
- Media Training for individuals and companies.
- Public Relations
- Voice over services
- Digital Marketing?Social Media Influencing
Kirigo Ngarua Professional Experience
May 2009-October 2016: News Anchor/ Reporter, Citizen TV, Royal Media Services, Nairobi
•Kirigo Ngarua was the main news anchor and host of the “Power Breakfast” show, the number one breakfast show in the country that runs every day, Monday to Friday on Citizen TV. She interviews policy makers, business leaders as well as CEOs on matters on health, environment, politics and financial matters.
January 2009- November 2009: Radio Presenter, HOT 96, Royal Media Services, Nairobi
• Kirigo Ngarua presented the “Drive Show” and here she took part in coming up with the content of the show, ideas for the show and selling of products on air brought by the clients.
• She got to show her leadership qualities as well as love for brand management by successfully organizing different functions and events for the station.
June 2008 – November 2008: Radio Programming Intern, WDCG G105 Radio Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.A
• Kirigo Ngarua assisted in the presenting a daily mid-morning show that was aired between 10am and 3pm
•Kirigo Ngarua also assisted with radio remote broadcasts. This included the branding of locations where they held their broadcasts as well as organizing crowds.
• Helped with Marketing and Sales Promotions when needed.
May 3007- August 2007: Radio Production Intern, Hot 96 Radio Station (Royal Media Services), Nairobi
•Kirigo Ngarua developed topics for discussion for the mid-morning show.
• She also edited headlines, sports and business news for Hot 96 FM and Musyi FM (Sister Station)
Losses her job at Royal Media Services
She is one among the members of the royal media fraternity who were laid down on 26th October 2016. Sources revealed that Kirigo Ngarua was sacked because of her big salary and the fact that she did not manage to get high ratings while hosting the morning,power breakfast, show.
Kirigo Ngarua Photo