A Guide To Kisumu Hippo Point
Kisumu Hippo Point is an open viewing point for Lake Victoria, Africas largest fresh water lake. It is also a fishing port and has a camping site in the vicinity. Hippo Point is a fantastic centre for organised boat racing or taking a boat tour of the lake.
Hippo Point is a 600-acre open sunset viewing area on Lake Victoria.
Despite its name, it is better known as a viewing point for its unobstructed sunsets over the lake than for its occasional hippos.
Hippo Point is near Dunga Village, a few kilometres SW of the town. The village also has a fishing port and a camping site.
It is very popular during the weekends and holidays, when merry-makers, friends and foe converge here for the sunset or just to meet up with friends. It is a perfect getaway spot in the city. Enjoy a boat ride as you check out hippos, birds in their natural habitat.
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Hippo Point is now a very famous joint of convergence of the various music heads who entertain the patrons with their acoustic tunes and hits, as they showcase their music prowess and voices.
You would spot cars parked, with their doors and boots open to emit loud music, as people sip their drinks or eat Nyama Choma (chicken or beef barbecues); which some entrepreneurs have set up shop for. You can also buy drinks at the mobile bar set up here since there is not a permanent biz offering set out.
Many people would otherwise bring with them their own drinks and sit back relax and enjoy the music and scenery, while catching the sunset as it deeps yonder beyond the cool waters of Lake Victoria.
Kisumu Hippo Point Contacts
Category: Lake or River, Boating
City / Town: Kisumu
Road / Street: Dunga Beach
Telephone: 254 719 256207 254 722 788879 254 720 074965
Entrance Fee: Yes