Kobi Kihara Biography
Kobi Kihara was born in February 1982 in Lang’ata, Nairobi. She is a Kenyan media personality,a photographer, producer and TV presenter. She is currently the producer of NTV’s breakfast show AM Live which airs on weekdays between 6am and 9am.
From childhood to age 14 Kobi’s family lived in Kenya but at age 15 they moved to Washington DC, USA. Kobi is the youngest of five children, one boy and four girls. Her parents were in and out of the country all the time, and when she was 15, they decided to move from Kenya to Washington DC in the US to keep the family together.
Kobi Kihara Education Background
- 2004: Masters in Film and TV production in Toronto, Canada.
- She did her undergraduate studies at Newcastle University, UK
- She enrolled in a Private International High School in Washington DC
Kobi Kihara Job History
From 2013: Kobi Kihara joined NTV’s breakfast show AM Live. As the producer she oversees the daily running of the 3 hours 6am to 9am show. She also was a co-host with Shaila Mwanyiga at NTV morning show, AM Live.
News anchor and studio producer at Kiss Radio Africa, her role was to come up with programme ideas for the station.
Producer at Citizen TV, breakfast show
She started her work after landing acting roles in three small films, two shot in the US and one in the UK.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
After that during her studies she would attend lessons in the morning and act as a bartender in the evening in Canada.
2006: Founded a production company, Eye production, that produces TV shows and conceptualizes programming for different shows across Africa.
Had a temporary job with the International Organisation for Migration in the US, assisting with overseeing the Iraqi elections.
Kobi Kihara’s big break came through her photography, when her friend introduced her to the management at the Windsor Golf and Country Club to do photography for their property. Then she later got work with UNDP and from there jobs just started coming in.
After graduation, she volunteered with the Smithsonian Kaplan Institute and the Kennedy Centre where she did freelance photography. The income was not enough to sustain her there.
Kobi Kihara son and boyfriend
Kobi Kihara has a son who was born in 2008.
Kobi has had several boyfriends mostly after returning to Kenya. There were rumours that she was dating Comedian Eric Omondi.
After the Eric Omondi phase, she disclosed that she has another boyfriend who is a very private person. “I’ve come a long way in my love life and relationships. I was very superficial about the kind of person that I picked. Now the things that I want are companionship, fulfillment, trust, a safe haven and a God-fearing man who is going to love me, and it doesn’t matter in what kind of package they come in. It’s become so hard to date in Kenya.” Kobi Kihara says.
Kobi Kihara Contacts
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kobikihara/
- Twitter handle: @KobiKihara
- Twitter site: https://twitter.com/KobiKihara
Kobi Kihara Photo
Kobi Kihara Video