Kwale County Governor
Kwale County Governor : Salim Mvuria
Salim Mvuria was born in 1970 and is a Kenyan politician. He became the first governor of Kwale County, Kenya after winning in the 2013 March elections. He vied on an Orange Democratic Movement ticket.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Salim Mvurya was born at Kadzandani Village, Mwatate Location, Kasemeni Division, Kinango District of Kwale County. He went to Mavirivirini Primary School in 1979 then Mpeketoni Secondary School from 1987 to 1990. He then proceeded toEgerton University for his first degree and graduated with Bachelors in Agri-Business Management in 1996. He has a Masters Degree in Participation, Power and Social Change from the Institute of Development Studies, in England, UK. He also has further certificates in NGO management from MS-TCDC in Arusha, Tanzania. Mvurya possesses strong leadership and management skills backed by 17 years of development experience.
Salim Mvurya has 17 years of social Development and leadership experience. In the year 2008, he had an opportunity to be the Acting Country Director for Plan Kenya. Other organizations he has worked for include Aga Khan Foundation and Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development (an institute of Egerton University). His working experience has enabled him to gain experiences in staff management, program management, resource mobilization and fundraising, operational management, financial management as well as influencing policy at local, national and international level. Over the years he has designed and implemented development programs in Education, Health, Livelihoods, Child Protection and Democratic Governance centered on citizens participation in decision making processes and policy advocacy. Some of the programs he implemented were funded by DFID, USAID, Ministries of Foreign Affairs in Netherlands and Finland, and NORAD, Norway. Governor Mvurya emphasizes that Kwale has enormous resources and heis already applying his Development and Management experience and is leading a change process that will give the citizens of Kwale County an opportunity to benefit from socio-economic development
County: Kwale County
Governor’s Name: SALIM MVURIA – ODM