A Guide To LAke Elementaia National Reserve
Lake Elementeita National Reserve is set around the small soda lake of Elementeita. The lake is surrounded by spectacular countryside that played an important role in the early colonial history of Kenya. The lake attracts many visiting flamingo and its shores are grazed by zebra, gazelle, eland, and families of warthog.
Built by an English settler Lord Gaibraith Cole, it still retains the features of early colonial homes: a red brick building with shady terraces, an internal courtyard, paneled walls and sitting rooms with a library and log fires
The original building that has impressive views over the lake, houses the dining and living room, bar and conference rooms. A total of 33 rooms; 17 twins, 5 doubles and a triple room. Chalet bathrooms with private shower, satellite channels, telephone, mini-bar, in-room safe and a terrace overlooking the flamingo rimmed Lake Elementaita.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Lake Elementaita has been profiled as a Ramsar Site, a wetland of international importance. The hotels’ huge private estate now has a wildlife reserve stretching away to the hills. It is a great place for guided walking tours and as the lake is home to Lesser Flamingos, and also important as a stopover for over 350 bird species it is worth including in your Kenya birding tour.
Lake Elementeita National Reserve Contacts
Attraction Type: Wildlife, Scenery & Landscapes
Category: National Reserve, Birding Site, Lake or River
Region: South Rift
Telephone: +254 20 600 0800 , +254 20 600 , +2345 254 20 237 9407
Entrance Fee: Yes
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/