M-KESHO is a bank account introduced by both Equity and Safaricom where customers can earn interest from as little as Ksh1. Customers can withdraw cash from their Equity Bank Account to their M-PESA accounts and customers can also deposit through their M-PESA accounts to their M-KESHO Bank account
Other features of M-KESHO account include Micro credit facilities (emergency credit availed through M-PESA), Micro insurance facilities as well as a personal accident cover that translates into a full cover after 1 year. For one to open this account, the person must be an M-PESA subscriber.
Main features of the M-KESHO account include:
Interest at the following rates paid half yearly:
- 0 – 2,000 – 0.5%
- 2,001 – 5,000 – 1%
- 5,001 – 10,000 – 2%
- 10,001 and above – 3%
- No minimum balance
- No ledger fees Neither notice nor penalties on withdrawal.
- Max value/trx – Ksh35,000. Currently following up with CBK on revision of maximum trx limits.
- Mini statement (max 5 transactions)
- Balance enquiry available
- Ksh100 – Ksh 5000
- Application fee (LACE) 10% but at a min charge of Ksh20.
- Advance period – max 30 days
- Default interest penalty 3% of value.
- Recovery from next deposit
- Credit transferred from M-KESHO into M-PESA e value
M-KESHO Micro-insurance Product – Personal Accident related
- Ksh530 if annual
- Ksh830 if monthly
- Ksh1030 if paid weekly
- Accidental Death cover: Ksh150,000
- Permanent Disability: Ksh150,000
- Medical expenses: Ksh30,000
- Funeral expenses: Ksh20,000
- Payable only from C4 account
- After 1 year it is upgradable to full life insurance
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/