You can send or transfer money to any other mobile phone user, even if they are not a Safaricom subscriber. To send money you must first deposit cash into your own M-PESA account.
To send money, go to the ‘Safaricom’ menu and select ‘M-PESA’
- Select ‘Send Money’
- Enter your recipient’s phone number, the amount you wish to send and your PIN.
- You will receive a screen with the information you have entered above, (e.g. Send money to 0721 234567, Ksh2000) confirm that it is correct then Press Ok.
- You and the recipient will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
If you send money to the wrong M-PESA number:
- Call Line 234 immediately and provide them with the number that has erroneously received the cash.
- Funds sent to a wrong number will be reversed only if still available in the wrong recipients account.
- If successful, you will receive an SMS indicating that a reversal has been done.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/