Maina Kageni Biography
Maina Kageni hosts Classic 105’s breakfast show ‘Maina In The Morning’ alongside Mwalimu King’ang’i. He wakes you up to a fun filled show where humor and relationships are part of the recipe. He is a staunch supporter of English Premiere League side Manchester United and is also a professional golfer.
Maina Kageni, together with his co-host, Mwalimu Kingangi (Daniel Ndambuki) are the most tuned in radio hosts in the country.
Most ladies love his manly voice while men detest him highly and if you’ve listened to his show you will agree with me that his abilities to engage with the audience is beyond measure. Maina is one of the radio personalities that is highly paid and has different side hustles that add to his wealth.
Apart from minting large amounts of money from his radio show at classic fm, Maina also emcees at selected events where he is paid huge chunks of money. He is like one large mall where you find everything. Maina is also a business man majoring in real estate businesses with houses in Miami and USA. This is just half of what he owns less the luxurious cars that he drives. Maina has acquired a lot of wealth through the different things that he does.
Secondary school student at Laiser Hill Academy
Primary School Student at Weastlands Primary School
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Jan 2007- present: Presenter at Classic 105, Hosting the morning show alongside Mwalimu Kingangi
Maina Kageni Wealth
It is said that successful people make and attract money, and not that people who make money become successful.
This means they bring success to what they do. Maina Kageni of Classic FM is a man who knows how to make money.
He believes that when one gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his or her life.
Mr Kageni is a man with big cash. He has invested in real estate in Kenya and abroad; he has residential houses in Nairobi and a couple of condos in the city of Miami, Florida.
He also owns a modelling agency in Lagos with one of the P-Square brothers, among other enterprises.
And although he does not give the figure of what he is earning as a radio host, he admits that he is getting “A very good salary”.
He shared his thoughts on money and investment.
Interviewer: Are you a rich man?
Maina Kageni: It depends on what you mean by ‘rich’. If being rich means going for holidays any time I want, then I am a rich man. If it means helping others, then I am a rich man and if it means having no money to buy a building worth Sh100 million at Karen then I am poor. Some people say I have a lot of money, but I think I just earn good money and live a quality life.
Interviewer: Are you a spender or saver?
Maina Kageni: I spend and I save. One thing people fail to recognise is the importance of a budget. You have to plan for every coin you spend. With a good budget plan, you are able to spend well and save your money too.
Interviewer: How many bank accounts do you have?
Maina Kageni: About eight.
Interviewer: Does the holiday season ever get you by surprise?
Maina Kageni: Never. I respect my budget and I know where my money goes. I have what I call a holiday bank account. I set aside some money each month for it. I never dig into my personal savings to celebrate the holiday seasons. It never happens because I budget for holidays.
Interviewer: Does having money make you happy?
Maina Kageni: Yes, having money makes me happy. Those who say money cannot buy happiness don’t know where to shop. Money is good; in fact, lacking it is the source of evil in the world. We should all work hard and try making good money.
Interviewer: How much money do you spend in a day?
Maina Kageni: About Sh4,000, which translates to about Sh120,000 per month. I budget for this too.
Interviewer: How much do you spend on your haircut?
Maina Kageni: Sh1,000 every week.
Interviewer: Which is your best investment ever?
Maina Kageni: Real estate.
Interviewer: And which is your worst investment?
Maina Kageni: I still regret why I bought certain shares. I think has been the worst financial decision I have made in my life so far.
Interviewer: Do you prefer property or pension?
Maina Kageni: Both.
Interviewer: Do you use credit cards?
Maina Kageni: Never! I prefer debit cards. But I have one credit card for emergency situations. I think shopping on debit cards is better because you use only what is in your account.
Interviewer: Do you invest in shares?
Maina Kageni: Yes, I do.
Interviewer: How much is your Hummer?
Maina Kageni: I bought it at Sh 6 million.
Interviewer: Have you ever been broke?
Maina Kageni: Broke? I have not experienced that. Sometimes, however, I come across a good deal worth around Sh500,000 and ignore it because of lacking that amount of money at the time.
Interviewer: How much is your watch?
Maina Kageni: I bought it at 1, 800 US dollars, which translates to about Sh144,000.
Interviewer: How about the sport’s T Shirt you are wearing?
Maina Kageni: When it comes to clothes I rarely purchase them locally. I prefer buying clothes abroad because they are original and more stylish. I bought it at 120 dollars, which is equivalent to Sh9,600.
Interviewer: Do you have any weakness when it comes to money?
Maina Kageni: I am too generous, I remember giving a friend Sh 600,000 to work on a project and improve his financial position. I gave it to him and I was not expecting it back.
Interviewer: Do you give back to the society?
Maina Kageni: Yes I do. I have a bank account, which is devoted to my personal charity work.
Interviewer: What lesson has money taught you?
Maina Kageni: It is hard to make money but very easy to spend. If you respect money, money will respect you too. Money brings happiness and joy because it facilitates many things in our lives.
Interviewer: What financial advice do you have for young people who consider you as a role model?
Maina Kageni: Take time to recognise your opportunities. Plan your finances and start saving money slowly. If you have extra cash and you love parties, spend but remember to live within your means.
Maina Kageni Cars
Maina is so famous that Chevrolet gave him a Manchester United branded car for him to drive around in for free. This is not the only car Maina owns. He has a number of other expensive cars. Just check them out
Maina Kageni Residence – Maina Kageni House
The old Karen house cost the popular presenter several millions in renovation costs. Maina owns a couple of condos in Miami and Florida, USA. He bought the condos on a mortgage.
Maina Kageni Salary
Maina kageni salary is now Ksh 1.8 million per month which is less than what the head of state Uhuru Kenyatta earns(estimated to be 1.2 Million per month)
Maina Kageni Family
He is the son to Wangui who he says loves her unconditionally but his father died when he was young.
He is a nephew to S.K Macharia the C.E.O of Royal Media Services
He has two offsprings a brother and a sister
Maina Kageni Daughter
Details about Maina Kageni daughter will be updated soon…
Maina Kageni Wedding
Details about Maina Kageni wedding will be updated soon…
Maina Kageni Age
Details about Maina Kageni wedding will be updated soon…
Maina Kageni Facebook and Twitter
20 Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know About Maina Kageni
The popular Maina Kageni who also happens to be a Manchester United fan is currently a Breakfast Show presenter with Mwalimu King’ang’i on Nairobi’s Classic 105 Radio Station.
20 Interesting Things You Did Not Know About Maina Kageni
- He never attended college but life offered more opportunities than most people, he is also on the learning process
- Cold fanta orange was his first drink
- His dream girl is one full of ambition and life kind of girl
- Maina Kageni won a lunch voucher on Capital fm with Zain Verjee 0n his first time in fame, and happily went to pick it
- His First girlfriend was called Anne, had a nice nose and had to go down.
- His best friend is Shaffie Weru.
- His best experience is when someone gains something meaningful and life changing from his show.
- His dream car was Range Rover Vogue
- He bought his first car which is a Ford Fiesta in UK for 1100 Pounds
- His best team is Manchester United, he is a die-hard fan and has been to Old Trafford and held the Premier League Trophy.
- His worst moment was Going to work late one day and thinking of sneaking into the office without the bosses’ knowledge.
- He is already living his dream job
- He was formerly into car dealership
- His first kiss was that same girlfriend called Anne
- His favourite cologne is 212 Cologne For Men.
- His Best advice – is to “Treat anyone the way you would like them to treat you”.
- His favourite local Apparel is Mwanaume ni effort, mwanamke ni standards
- His Favourite song-You Guy by P-unit
- His best moment at work was Interviewing reggae and dance hall sensation Shaggy.
- Advice for encouragement – Do your thing, follow your dreams, work hard, be thankful and be aware that haters are good for you, never mind them talking about you.
Maina Kageni Video