Malindi Marine Park and Reserve Description
Malindi Marine Park and Reserve was the first marine protected area in Kenya and the oldest marine park in Africa. It is well endowed with magnificent sceneries such as fringing reefs, coral, sea grass, mangroves, mudflats, high fish diversity, marine mammals, turtles, and shorebirds.
Malindi and Watamu Marine Parks and Reserves were the first MPAs to be established in 1968. They were first MPAs to be established in Africa and third in the world and designated a biosphere reserve under UNESCO in 1979. They are currently managed separately as two distinct parks and reserves.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The park lies at the northern part of the Kenyan coast, South of Malindi town the parks cover an area of 6 KM² and the reserve covers an area of 213 KM². It is found at this coordinates 40º 8’E and 4º 44’S. Malindi Marine Park and Reserve was gazetted under Cap 376 of the Laws of Kenya through Legal notice No. 98 of 26/3/68 – Establishment of Malindi Marine Park and Legal notice No. 99 of 26/3/68 – Establishment of Malindi Marine Reserve and also registered under Boundary plan No. 204/39 – Malindi Marine Park and Boundary plan No. 216/17 – Malindi Marine Reserve.
Malindi Marine Park and Reserve Contacts
Attraction Type: Beach & Marine
Category: Beach, Coral Reef, Snorkeling
City / Town: Malindi
Road / Street: Casuarina Road
Telephone: 254 20 2335684
Entrance Fee: Yes
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/