A Guide To Malka Mari National Park
Malka Mari National Park stretches along Daua River and is celebrated for being at the extreme northeast of Kenya on Mandera Plateau. With a hot and dry climate, the park was gazetted in 1989 due to its reportedly high concentration of wildlife. Main attractions include Malka Mari Fort, hills and valleys.
Malka Mari National Park is perhaps Kenya’s most remote park, located in the extreme north-east of the country on the Ethiopian frontier, Malka Mari National Park was gazetted in 1989 due to its reportedly high concentration of wildlife.
Facts About Malka Mari National
Gazetted – 1989
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Location – Mandera Plateau
Attractions – Malka Mari Fort, Hills and Valleys
What To See At Malka Mari National Reserve
Malka Mari National Park may perhaps be one of Kenya’s best kept secret of its numerous unknown destinations. From its captivating landscapes including ant hills to the dancing gazelles, the Somali giraffe, the laughing spotted hyena and the amazing Nile Crocodiles of the great Dawa river, Malka Mari National Park, may be one of those few places where nature can still be experienced in its raw, unadulterated form. There are a few history relics here as well that may tickle your fancy such as the Malka Mari Fort which is worth a visit.
The climate is very arid and inhospitable, explaining why virtually no permanent human settlements exist in the area. The area is inhabited primarily by Gurreh nomadic herders, though their numbers are very few and often they are dispersed over a wide area.
Malka Mari National Park contacts
Attraction Type: Wildlife, Scenery & Landscapes, Historic Sites
Category: National Park, Mountain, Fort
City / Town: Mandera
Telephone: 254 20 600 800
Entrance Fee: Yes