Martin Wambora Biography
Martin Wambora was born 9 April 1951. Martin Nyaga Wambora is a Kenyan politician and the current governor of Embu county, alongside Dorothy Nditi as the deputy governor. He is a member of The Jubilee Party.
Martin Nyaga Wambora was a former member of parliament for Runyenjes consistency from 2003 to 2007. Prior to becoming the Governor of Embu county, he served as the chairman of the board of Kenya Airports Authority and led to its winning of the two most prestigious airport industry awards in 2011.
Martin Nyaga Wambora Education
- Graduate student from the University of Hartford (USA),MBA
- Graduate student at the University of Connecticut (USA), Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management and Rural Development.
- Undergraduate student at the Makerere University,B.Sc in Political Science.
- Primary school student at Muragari Primary School in Mukuuri (Runyenje)
Martin Wambora Political Positions
Martin Wambora Current Position
- Started 10th March 2013: Governor for Embu county
- Started 13th February 2013: Coalition Member of Jubilee Alliance
- Started January 2013: Member of The National Alliance (TNA)
Martin Wambora Previous Political Positions
- Ended 4th March 2013: Aspirant Governor for Embu county.
- 2003 → 2007:Member of Parliament for Runyenjes
- 2002 → 2007: Member of National Rainbow Coalition
- 1990 → 2001: Deputy Secretary
Martin Wambora Job History
- July 2001 → October 2002: Chief Finance Officer/Deputy Director of Budget of Heritage Homes Limited and Kileleshwa Place Limited
- Management Analyst (Consultant), Directorate of Personnel Management – Office of the President
- Deputy Permanent Secretary, Office of the President
- Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Commerce (Trade) and Industry
- Started 1991: Director of Global Success Limited
- 1985 → 1987: senior assistant secretary
- Started 1984: District Commissioner of Ministry of State for Provincial Administration & Internal Security
- 1976 → 1984: District Officer of Ministry of State for Provincial Administration & Internal Security
Martin Nyaga Wambora Impeachment
Martin Nyaga Wambora is the first Kenyan governor to be impeached in a highly disputed and political process, this was a decision that was made by the Kenyan senate. 39 senators voted yes,1 senator voted no and 1 abstained from voting during a motion that was conducted to ascertain whether the five Embu county assembly’s allegations were right. The decision has been challenged in courts. There were also revelations that a politician from Mbeere side of the county bribed MCAs with a trip to Mombasa, to plan for the impeachment.
Martin Nyaga Wambora was reinstated as the governor for Embu on April 16, 2014 by Kerugoya court after declaring his impeachment null and void. The judges stated that, “had the Senate investigated Wambora’s case, it would discover it was done in violation of the court order in the County Assembly.
Woman arrested for abusing Martin Wambora on Facebook
Police in Embu are holding a 24-year old woman, for allegedly abusing, spreading hate and inciting statements against Governor Martin Nyaga Wambora on social media. Ms Nancy Mbindalah, 24, an intern with the department of Finance at the County Government is said to have made numerous postings on Facebook some dating as far as 2013.
Embu acting County Secretary Raymond Kinyua said he received a complaint from Mr Wambora and forwarded the information to the police who arrested the former Mt Kenya University student. Mr Kinyua said he and Finance Chief Officer Damiano Muthee had recorded statements on the same. He however didn’t elaborate on the actual wording of the posting only saying they were “insulting”.
Martin Wambora Contacts
Address: P.O. Box 67780, Nairobi/P. O. Box 252 Embu
Tel: 0733 603192
Martin Nyaga Wambora Photo
- Life and Times of Francis Nyenze
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Martin Wambora News
Martin Wambora: Kenya’s governor with proverbial nine lives survives, again
Embu Governor Martin Wambora stretched his longstanding streak as ‘governor with nine lives’ following his morale boosting win in the Jubilee Party nominations.
Martin Wambora who was the first one to be impeached and the only one to face the jeopardy twice, surprised many when he won the contest against his bitter rival, Runyenjes MP Cecily Mbarire.
Mr Wambora who is also a former two-time Runyenjes MP garnered 60,634 votes against Ms Mbarire’s 43,509 during the Jubilee Party nominations.
The odds were largely stacked against him, with majority of county politicians, including Speaker of the National Assembly Justin Muturi, Senator Lenny Kivuti, MPs John Muchiri, Muriuki Njagagua (Mbeere North) and Mbeere South’s Mutava Musyimi working against him.
To pile pressure on his woes, Deputy Governor Dorothy Nditi has already crossed over and is now supporting Mr Kivuti while the County Assembly Speaker Kariuki Mate was the one spearheading Ms Mbarire’s campaigns.
Martin Wambora – Using Presidents Name
Martin Wambora narrated how frustrated individuals called him to intimidate him that he stood no prospect to win the party ticket claiming that Ms Mbarire had blessings from the Head of State.
“The President means well, the Deputy President means well but down below, they don’t mean well. There are people who were ringing from Nairobi, pretending to be from State House saying a certain candidate is the favoured candidate.
“The President can’t make such a call. The Deputy President can’t make such a call. I know where that call came from but they will be defeated” he said after voting at Runyenjes Municipal Hall while accompanied by his wife Teresia and daughter Irene.
Two weeks ago, Mr Muturi had campaigned for Ms Mbarire in his Mbeere North home turf.
“My duty is to ensure that Martin Wambora is defeated in next Friday’s elections during the Jubilee nominations. I must congratulate him for being brave and staying in Jubilee waiting for us to thrash him,” he said at Kanyuambora market.
Martin Wambora Enormous Onslaught
Mr Muturi, however, defended his stand saying it was informed by a 2015 decision of Embu leaders led by Mr Kivuti.
“Senator Kivuti had even told me to inform the President but he did it before I could,” he said.
Mr Wambora said he faced enormous onslaught from all corners and at one time his family and key advisors told him that he stood no chance in Jubilee and advised him to decamp.
At one point, his opponents started spreading propaganda posters portraying him as having decamped to independence party, Kanu.
“I know some of you wanted me to defect because you thought I would be rigged. You were not wrong. Even my wife thought that I would be rigged.
“But we realised that it was not from the top but by about six people at the county. I told my wife I would not leave. I told her I’m going to fight like a lion. If I could manage the MCAs and the senators, what will six people do to me?” he posed.
However, Martin Wambora said his main priority was to campaign for Jubilee and ensure President Kenyatta and his deputy gets enough support from the area.
Martin Nyaga Wambora video
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/