Mbuvi (Victor Mbuvi)is a Kenyan award-winning contemporary gospel singer, comedian,philanthropist and TV presenter, he hosted a TV called “The Day” on DSTV channel 311
He drew his love for music from his childhood and inspiration from his mother who died in 1999, a year before he launched his music career. His father worked as an auditor and his mother was a banker.
Graduate student at the University of Sunderland, UK, Master’s degree in Computer Based Information Systems
Undergraduate student at Moi University for a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics
Secondary school student at Lenana School
Primary school student at Unity Primary in Umoja Estate in Nairobi
Primary school student at Kionyweni Primary School in Machakos County
Victor Mbuvi joined a group called His Image, who performed a cappella and various renditions of other artistes’ works.In 2001, he briefly teamed up with music producer R Kay and a friend to form Injili Group, which recorded Nisamehe – his first ever hit song.
In March 2006, Mbuvi completed the recording of his much anticipated debut album, titled Sweet Ndwale.In April 2006, the album Sweet Ndwale was released and has gone ahead to become a success in both secular and gospel stations.
In 2010, during the Groove Awards, He won an award for the Eastern song of the year with the song Mutui Museo (Good Neighbor).
In the year 2011, Mbuvi released his third album Kwata kawaya. The album has already received rave reviews with Kwata Kawaya, the title track topping charts all over Eastern Africa and is a huge favorite of both the young and the old.
- Kwata Kawaya
- Sweet Ndwale
- Nue Nendete
- Ukilya Moko
- Pamoja- This is my life
- Mwiitu Wa Mwaitu
- Meko Ma Ngwatanio
- Mutui Museo
- Sweet Ndwale
- Niwe Nawe
- Created to Praise
- Sema Jambo
- Osa Vinya
- Uka Sama
- Wewe Ni Bwana
- Nakupenda We
- Focus/Nue Wausembe
- I Rise
Victor Mbuvi Awards
In 2011 Kwata Kawaya won Mbuvi a Kisima Award 2011 for Benga Artist of the year. In 2012 (June 1) Mbuvi got the honour of performing at the Madaraka day Celebration to the joy of a huge crowd that included President Kibaki, many government officials and dignitaries from all over the world.
- 2011 Kisima Music Awards, Benga Artiste of the Year
- Groove Awards, Eastern Song of the Year (2010)
- Groove Awards, Traditional Song of the Year (2009)
- Kisima Music Awards, Ethnic Fusion Artiste of the year (2008)
- Kisima Music Awards, R&B Artiste of the Year (2005)
Mbuvi Victor Facebook and Twitter
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin