Moipei Quartet Biography
Moipei Quartet is a gospel musical band that consist of triplets Mary Moipei, Martha Moipei, Magdaline Moipei and a sister Seraphine Settoon Moipei.
Mary, Martha and Magdaline were born in 1993 and their younger sister Seraphine was born on October 1995. They hails from Mara Narok County.
They were picked by UNICEF as ambassadors at the age of 12 and 10 respectively making them the first ever UNICEF child Ambassadors in Kenya.
The Moipei Quartet triplets Mary, Martha, Magdalene and sister Seraphine Setoon are the youngest professional musicians to be awarded the 2011 4th SABC Crown Gospel Musical Award. The sensational Moipei Quartet have received special commendation by the President and even earned a partial scholarship to the prestigious Brookhouse School in Kenya
Mary Moipei- Plays Clarinet, Saxophone and Piano
Magdalene Moipei- Plays Flute, Piccolo and Violin
Martha Moipei- Plays Trumpet and Euphonium
Seraphine Moipei- Plays Flute, Violin and Piano
Moipei Quartet began their musical journey when they were young under the training of their father Nicholas Ole Moipei. Mostly their style of music is classical and oftenly perform a capella. In 2009, they released their first album ‘Land of the Lions’
Mary sings soprano and plays the clarinet and the saxophone, Magdalene sings deep alto and plays the flute, piccolo and violin, Martha sings in Saprano and plays the trumpet and the euphonium and Seraphine sings in alto and plays Flute, Violin and Piano.
Moipei Quartet Songs
- Amazing Grace
- Ashe Naleng Enkai Ai
- Ave Maria
- Country Roads
- Nakuapia Yesu
- O Holy Night
- Panis Angelicus
- Pie Jesu, From “Requim Mass”
- Pole Musa
- The Day Thou Gavest Lord is Ended
- The Little Brown Church in the Vale
- Veni Sanctus Spiritus
- Whispering Hope
- Yesu Wa Inyanza
Moipei Quartet Awards
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The Moipei Quartet, Kenyan’s four sisters won in the “Best of Africa” singing category in the biggest continental Gospel music awards. At the annual crown Gospel Music Awards in Durban, South Africa ,to honour the best of gospel music talent ,the teenage students triplets and a younger sister ,scooped the award for their song church of the vale, off their 16-song album in the land of lion.
Their excellent performance of traditional songs included Pole Musa hit from the 1970s,has seen the Moipei sisters win many awards in the annual Kenya music festival and other contests. President Kibaki has honoured them with the head of state commendation given to people who have changed the lives and image of Kenya .
Their father is Nicholas Moipei, he is a musical teacher and chairman of the Kenya Music and Cultural Festival and a career banker and their mother is Christine Moipei.
Moipei Quartet Facebook and Twitter
Moipei Quartet Photos