Mombasa Mamba Village description
Mombasa Mamba Village is an awesome farm for crocodiles. Its tour starts with a movie on life cycle and behaviour of crocodiles. This is followed by a comprehensive farm walk that ends with the highlight of the day – a spectacular scene of blood-thirsty crocodiles fighting for food during feeding.
The crocodile farm better known as Mamba Village is an eco-friendly quarry concentrating on the farming and conservation of one of the oldest and interesting animals – African crocodiles. The village is just a day trip from the Northern coast of Mombasa.
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Mamba Village, East Africa’s largest crocodile farm, is a “must see” during your exploratory beach vacation in Mombasa if you have not seen any crocodiles on safari. Each section of the estate offers a unique experience, and the most popular is the crocodile farm where these aquatic reptiles are displayed. Your tour of the farm begins with a video presentation that introduces you to many reptile species and the valuable roles they play in the ecosystems of the world and the fascinating facts, such as the longevity of the species on earth, bite force and average life span, will give you a greater appreciation for these prehistoric animals. While touring the crocodile farm, your guide will enlighten you about the crocodile life cycle and behavior while you view live crocodiles of every size, from hatchlings to fully-grown adults. Some crocodile displays are labeled with a description of age, length and weight, and one of the most predictable events at the farm is the daily crocodile feeding where the giants fight for fresh meat. While the crocodile farm is the most popular area of the village, AfricanMecca guests may also enjoy horseback riding on its small estate and beginners can even take lessons, or you may prefer the more outlandish camel riding. Should you have time, take a leisurely walk through the botanical gardens before enjoying a meal at the village restaurant that features a range of game meats, such as crocodile, zebra, ostrich and many other choices.
Mombasa Mamba Village Contacts
Attraction Type: Wildlife
Category: Animal Sanctuary
City / Town: Mombasa
Road / Street: Links Road
Telephone: 254 41 222 5428
254 722 475796
Entrance Fee: Yes