A Guide To Mombasa Tusks
Mombasa tusks are a symbolic representation of the heart of Mombasa city. A trip to Mombasa cannot be complete without visiting this sight. The tusks are among the most famous monuments in the city. This is because of their wide exposure on pictures and postcards all around the world.
The thrill of being in Mombasa is to take a photo next to these tusks. As you take your photo please watch the traffic on the busy road.
These tusks are situated at the city center, along the Moi Avenue. The tusks spell the letter “M”, that is, the first letter of the name Mombasa.
From a distance, the Mombasa tusks look a lot like elephant ivory. In fact during your first time visit to the site, you always get this impression. Only that the tasks are so huge compared to the real elephant ivory.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Mombasa tusks are made of aluminum. The tusks form a dual archway over both sides of the road- Moi Avenue.
History of Mombasa Tusks
The tusks were built in 1952 to celebrate Queen Elizabeth visit to the city. Just beside the tusks is a nicely preserved garden called Uhuru Gardens. Here you can relax and interact with the local people who frequent the garden to relax and enjoy the nature.
Activities Around Mombasa Tasks
The most common activity is photography. When you visit this site, you will always have a feeling of taking a photograph. In fact if you want to tell people you indeed visited Mombasa city, just take a photo from this place.
Photographers always flock this site especially during holidays and festive seasons. Charges for one photo are usually one hundred shillings.
Mombasa Tusks Contacts
Attraction Type: Historic Sites
City / Town: Mombasa
Road / Street: Moi Avenue
Telephone: 254 41 222 5428
254 722 475796
Entrance Fee: No