A Guide To Nairobi Gallery
Nairobi Gallery was fondly referred to by the settler community as Hatches, Matches and Dispatches because of the births, marriages, and deaths that were recorded here. This museum holds temporary rotating exhibitions of local Kenyan crafts, school completion pieces, and votive objects from various tribal groups.
Located right in the heart of Nairobi City next to Nyayo House is The Nairobi Gallery. It is housed in the Old PC’s (provincial commissioner) office building. Built in 1913, it was referred to as ‘Hatches, Matches and Dispatches’ because of the births, marriages and deaths that were recorded here.
Nairobi Gallery Contacts
Attraction Type: Culture, Historic Sites
Category: Art Gallery, Historical Museum
City / Town: Nairobi
Road / Street: Uhuru Highway
Telephone: +254 20 221 6566
+254 771 341851
Entrance Fee: Yes
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin