Nathif Adam Jama Biography
Nathif Adam Jama hails from the Auliyahan subdivision of the Somali Ogaden Darod clan. He is the immediate CEO and Founder First Community Bank. Nathif is a veteran Islamic banker, with more than 25 years of career banking experience covering all aspects of retail, commercial, investment and Islamic.
Nathif Jama is a regular writer on Islamic banking & finance issues. He also undertakes training courses on different topics of Islamic banking and finance. In addition, he is a noted speaker at Islamic banking & finance conferences and seminars globally. He was elected in March 2013 as the Governor of Garissa county. He is married to Amina Abdullahi.
Nathif Adam Jama Education Background
For his post-secondary studies, he attended the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland and earned an MBA in International Trade .
He also holds an Associateship of the UK Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Nathif Adam Jama Proffessional Career
Nathif Adam Jama began his banking career with the Kenya Commercial Bank based in Nairobi.
In 1985, Adam joined the Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation in Saudi Arabia.
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
He worked as an Executive Manager for the Qatar Islamic Bank (QIB), where he oversaw QIB’s sizable real estate, leasing, trade and securities foreign investment portfolios
In 2002, Adam joined the National Bank of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (The bank was at the time in the midst of restructuring its services to focus on Islamic banking), now known as the Sharjah Islamic Bank, Adam served as a Senior Vice President and the Head of its Investments & International Banking Division.]
Adam is the founding managing director of the First Community Bank (FCB) in Nairobi.
Nathif Adam Jama Political Career
In 2013, Nathif Jama Adam ran for Governor of Garissa County. He was elected to the position on 10 March on a Wiper Democratic Movement ticket.
In February 2013, Nathif Jama Adam became a member of the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy
In April 2014, the Court of Appeal issued a directive nullifying the result of the election citng voting irregularities.The Supreme Court overturned the decision on May, directed the court registrar to prevent the county’s assembly speaker from occupying Adam’s seat, and barred the IEBC from declaring the governorship vacant until Adam’s appeal was heard and ruled within a two-month period. On 9 July, the Supreme Court officially reinstated Adam as Governor of Garissa County.
Nathif Adam Jama Publication
- Islamic Bonds: Your Issuing, Structuring and Investing in Sukuk (2004)
Nathif Adam Jama Proffessional Membership
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Sukuk Development Task Force
Nathif Adam Jama Achievements
- Nathif Adam Jama is the Founding Managing Director of the First Community Bank
- A member of board of directors of the First Community Bank